Terrible plucking dream...!!

Nocturnal

May 15, 2013
A secret place
Parrots
||Mika, 23 yo senegal parrot||Cayenne, 5 yo sun conure||Katana, 6 yo cockatiel||Monk, 4 yo peachfaced lovie||Onyx, 8 yo BH caique||Pluto & Neptune, 4 yo budgies||Tauntaun, 17 yo U2||
Ugh, I woke up this morning with my heart beating out of my chest-- I got to work and my boss stopped me from going into the bird room to warn me that Tauntaun was not doing well and had chewed everything in his cage up, busted up the cage he was in and plucked himself bald while I was gone ;n; (apparently in my dream I was boarding him or hadn't brought him home yet).

I think it's been over me monitoring his little plucked patch to see if it is getting better. Tauntaun is a rescue that was at a sanctuary for 8 years- when we first got him at the store to rehome, his feathers were pristine, but after a week a small patch developed. I've been making sure he has lots of wood to chew and paper to shred and been giving him avicalm and featheriffic.

It was just an aweful dream- I would love him anyway, but I felt soooo bad.

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
I certainly felt my blood pressure rising as I was reading this. You had me there for a minute! :eek: Glad it was just a nightmare, and nothing else. :)

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
I too would have woken up in a state after having a dream like that.
I was full of goosebumps OMG I am so relieved that it was just a bad dream.

Most Reactions