Texas Tiels Thread.

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
Thanks for these happy posts in the midst of all the world's current challenges. I love hearing a happy 'tiel tale any time. It goes a long way for me on a gloomy Cleveland morning!

Last edited:
OP
T
Mar 30, 2020
Texas
Parrots
13 cockatiels 2 sun conures
JUST FELT LIKE POSTING A FEW:

Today was my first day off for the holiday and have just been hanging out with the birds. Pepper and Ziggy are really the odd couple (cage mates) He's really in love with her but I don't think she's found a male yet to attach too! It's funny to watch them as Ziggy thinks he's her bodyguard! As for Tiki and Mr Peanut, the jury is still out on just which one can chatter and whistle the most! While Peanut has started to hang with me similar to Buzz, Tiki is still a little shy and stand offish.

Attachments

• Pepper and Ziggy Nov, 25 2020.jpg
    Pepper and Ziggy Nov, 25 2020.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 55
  • Tiki (male).jpg
    Tiki (male).jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 59
  • Mr Peanut Nov. 25 2020.jpg
    Mr Peanut Nov. 25 2020.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 60
OP
T
Mar 30, 2020
Texas
Parrots
A SELDOM PHOTOGRAPHED FEMALE:

That would be Harper She is a whitefaced female that's about a year old. This was the tiel purchased and given to us by my daughter. Sadly, this bird was NOT hand tamed or raised by the seller. When she first came to us, she was almost like getting a wild bird. She has made slight improvements but still won't allow any touching or petting. She is a cagemate with Buzz, Auzzie, and Matilda. ( Yes, it's a large cage. ) During play time there door is always left open yet Harper may come out once out of three times. One can get close to her and talk (without her running off in fear now.) At least that's an improvement over several months ago. The one photo is of our two darker colored tiels...Tiki ( a male ) NOT sure of his mutation as the dad is a normal grey and the mother is a pied hen. Harper is simply a whiteface female.

Attachments

• Harper Nov.29 2020.jpg
    Harper Nov.29 2020.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 59
  • Tiki (male)  Harper  (female whiteface).jpg
    Tiki (male) Harper (female whiteface).jpg
    70 KB · Views: 68
OP
T
Mar 30, 2020
Texas
Parrots
FUN WITH THE TIELS TODAY......AND, THE SUN IS OUT! :04:

I had today off and told myself ( And the birds ) that after I got some errands run I would devote the day to them! All was pretty normal. The suns love getting in and raiding the cockatiels cage and the tiels STILL can't get over how big the Suns cage is! I think I enjoyed the day as much as they did!

In the first photo, you can tell who wanted to participate in the group shot and who didn't!

In the second photo, Rio sneaks up on Auzzie!

Last photo, Rio photobombs as good as any tiel! :eek:

Attachments

• You can tell who wanted to participate and who didn't!.jpg
    You can tell who wanted to participate and who didn't!.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 63
  • Cosmo sneeking up on Auzzie!.jpg
    Cosmo sneeking up on Auzzie!.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 65
  • Rio does a photo bomb!.jpg
    Rio does a photo bomb!.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 63

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
Okay... just outta nowhere in particular... speaking of SUN and COCKATIELS...

These photos reminded me of the great smell cockatiels have. Reminds me of ages ago when my grandmother would hang laundry in the sun to dry. The clothes had such a fresh, sunny smell as they were folded. To me, that's the cockatiel smell, and I love it.

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
So many different "flavors" of cockatiels! I love when their hats are up high. BB will do that at times and it makes my hair hurt lol.
Also your Sunny looking like he was photo bombing the tiel :04:

Jim

OP
T
Mar 30, 2020
Texas
Parrots
Okay... just outta nowhere in particular... speaking of SUN and COCKATIELS...

These photos reminded me of the great smell cockatiels have. Reminds me of ages ago when my grandmother would hang laundry in the sun to dry. The clothes had such a fresh, sunny smell as they were folded. To me, that's the cockatiel smell, and I love it.

Sounds to me like you need to invest in a cockatiel. Do you think Ricky would mind? :04:

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
I know I promised you these pics my hubby took out in Central Queensland some time ago, they got a little misfiled so it's taken a while to find them, but here they are! Wild cockatiels in their natural habitat :)

qbrvv1f.jpg

OF5gAxH.jpg

IjkQzy1.jpg

rP7Be1K.jpg

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
I would love a 'tiel, and have come close! The Rb won't even tolerate a CHRISTMAS CARD with another bird on it, alas, so I must admire from afar... wild and domestic!

OP
T
Mar 30, 2020
Texas
Parrots
I would love a 'tiel, and have come close! The Rb won't even tolerate a CHRISTMAS CARD with another bird on it, alas, so I must admire from afar... wild and domestic!

Well....if you didn't live so dang far off, I'd just invite you over to come hang out with this wild bunch feathered nuts! :eek: We just wouldn't tell RB!

:04:

OP
T
Mar 30, 2020
Texas
Parrots
I know I promised you these pics my hubby took out in Central Queensland some time ago, they got a little misfiled so it's taken a while to find them, but here they are! Wild cockatiels in their natural habitat :)

qbrvv1f.jpg

OF5gAxH.jpg

IjkQzy1.jpg

rP7Be1K.jpg

Thank you VERY much for the photos!!! I think they look so cool in the natural habitat. About the only two I have that would look right at home would be Kiwi and Ziggy.

Nov 12, 2019
New England
Parrots
4 budgies, 1 cockatiel, 1 canary winged parakeet

qbrvv1f.jpg

OF5gAxH.jpg

IjkQzy1.jpg

rP7Be1K.jpg

Oh wow, LOVE, LOVE,LOVE the photos. It’s amazing to capture them in their natural habitat. Just...beautiful!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.

qbrvv1f.jpg

OF5gAxH.jpg

IjkQzy1.jpg

rP7Be1K.jpg

Spectacular, what a treat! I love seeing our beloved companions in their wild state!

OP
T
Mar 30, 2020
Texas
Parrots
PHOTOS WANTED!

After seeing the beautiful photos Lamanuka posted of cockatiels in the wild, it gave me an idea. I would LOVE to see pictures of other members birds! While I'm fond of any and ALL tiels, I have a big weakness for whiteface and tiels that are considered multiple mutations.

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
So amazing to see wild tiels!!
I agree on see more parrot pictures!

Jen5200

Mar 27, 2017
Media
Albums
Washington State
Parrots
Baby - Sun Conure;
Tango - GCC;
Bindi - Sun Conure;
Stanley - Pineapple GCC;
Screamer “Scree� - Cockatiel;
Tee - Pineapple GCC; Jimmy - Cockatiel
PHOTOS WANTED!

After seeing the beautiful photos Lamanuka posted of cockatiels in the wild, it gave me an idea. I would LOVE to see pictures of other members birds! While I'm fond of any and ALL tiels, I have a big weakness for whiteface and tiels that are considered multiple mutations.

Just to prove that I’m paying attention....I’ll post a picture :). Miss Screamer AKA “the Diva”.

bvyErVw.jpg

Attachments

• DD9EA1C1-968C-4637-86BE-71FB1FCCBB48.jpg
    DD9EA1C1-968C-4637-86BE-71FB1FCCBB48.jpg
    171.2 KB · Views: 63
Last edited by a moderator:

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
PHOTOS WANTED!

Just to prove that I’m paying attention....I’ll post a picture :). Miss Screamer AKA “the Diva”.

bvyErVw.jpg

Oh yeah Jen, she is divalicious alright!! :D

OP
T
Mar 30, 2020
Texas
Parrots
Well...I can always count on you Gen! She may be a screamer but that is one SWEET looking tiel!

Nov 12, 2019
New England
Parrots
4 budgies, 1 cockatiel, 1 canary winged parakeet
Here is a photo of my absolutely amazing 17 year old love bug of a cockatiel. This photo was taken right before Precious decided that my daughter needed to lose the glasses so he could preen her eyebrows.

3013cfddebb486f7ae41262d88cc6551.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

Latest posts