Texas
Parrots
Buddy - Red Crowned Amazon (27 yo)
Venus - Solomon Island Eclectus (4 yo)
Buzz CAG (2 yo)
Sam - Cockatiel 1997 - 2004
Tweety - Budgie 1984 - 1987
Sweety - Budgie 1985 - 1986
First, today is Husband's birthday and I had not gotten his gift. He wanted a JBL Extreme wireless speaker and the stores here have been out of stock. Well I found them at Best Buy so I took my lunch and got the gift. Now when I get home, I always get a loud greeting from Buddy. If Husband walks in first, nothing, no peep. He sees me and calls out, but of all days, today, as I’m walking in the front door, hands full, a man is jogging past our house and as I open the door, Buddy does a lllloooonnnnnggggg wolf whistle. The guy turned to look at me and I turned to see if he had heard. Yep he had so I yell, “that was my bird, say Hello Buddy.” Thankfully Buddy replied with a lazy “Welwo!”. So So embarrassing.

Thanks Buddy, lol!

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
Yeah, well, Tusk sits up in the tree where he can't be noticed easily, and tells people walking by on the sidewalk to "GET OUTTA HERE!" using my voice...

(It's a phrase I used to chase a cat away. He picked it up immediately. Uses it in context when he doesn't like someone, or something... )

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
It's actually rather amusing at times. Kiwi is a show-off. Poofing up, and telling passers by "HI! come here! (Then making telephone noises.)"

When they do, Tusk tells them to "GET OUTTA HERE." :D

OP
Taw5106

Taw5106

Mar 27, 2014
Texas
Parrots
Buddy - Red Crowned Amazon (27 yo)
Venus - Solomon Island Eclectus (4 yo)
Buzz CAG (2 yo)
Sam - Cockatiel 1997 - 2004
Tweety - Budgie 1984 - 1987
Sweety - Budgie 1985 - 1986
Mark I'm surprised you don't have a following that shows to your house for tree time. I love your flock.

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
My neighbors are used to it.

Actually, they seem to think I'm "the neighborhood cat lady, only with birds!"

A lot of folks actually CROSS the street and look away to AVOID making eye contact with the crazy person... :p

Aquila

Nov 19, 2012
Philadelphia
Parrots
Sydney - Blue Front Amazon
Gonzo - Congo African Grey
Willow - Cockatiel
RIP:
Snowy, Ivy, Kiwi, Ghost - Parakeets
Berry - Cinnamon GCC
Mark, you need to write a book.

But seriously the next time I ever get a vacation, I want to visit you and the birds even though I'd probably leave with broken ribs from laughing so hard.

As for comedic timing, Sydney laughs after he bites, or when he goes all "attack bird" and flies at me. Gonzo's great too, because after I get attacked, he goes, "You okay?" THANKS, I'M GREAT.

Most Reactions