The Babe

oliver052

Nov 16, 2010
Media
Florida
Parrots
Cockatiel
Blue & Gold Macaw
I have a Male Blue and Gold Macaw. I inherited him from my sister 6 1/2 yrs ago after she passed away. He is about 17 yrs old, has been an amazing companion and has a great disposition. No bad habits other than he is obsessed with me. I also have a Cockatiel who never gets enough attention, a Sheltie and a Scottish Fold cat. Babe chases them constantly and has gotten in the habit of climbing down from his playpen in the evenings when he is inside with me. It is getting out of control and time outs in a carrier in the dark does not seem to be curing the problem. I lost my only son a year ago, work full time and am becoming overwhelmed with the responsibility and expense of Babe. As much as I want to keep him forever I would like to place him in a good home. If anyone is seriously interested, I would like to talk to you. Only the best home will be considered.:blue1::rolleyes:

patticrx64

Jan 6, 2011
I have several Birds & dogs!! It is time consuming and at times very very stressful. I have put up a screen door, between my livingroom & dinning room, for that reason. My birds chase the dogs, that are on the floor. Instead of keeping my dogs in their crates longer, I just seperate myself and everyone has some attention from Mom. It is not an attractive addition, but running a rescue out of my home, alot of things don't look that attractive...LOL Good Luck & just try to work on finding a solution, before rehoming your parrot :)

Most Reactions