The Birds 2.0

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
They had heard that the film crew was at that Walmart to film more 'Customers of Walmart' video and photoshoots! Also, the Walmart Food Mart was running a special on buy one lunch and get 50,000 at no additional cost!

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
Eclectus, CAG, BH Pionus, Maximilian’s Pionus, Quakers, Indian Ringnecks, Green Cheeked Conures, Black Capped Conures, Cockatiels, Lovebirds, Budgies, Canaries, Diamond Doves, Zebra Finches, Society F
Wow! Haha I would be VERY interested in an explanation for this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
So weird! Grackles flock like this every year at our nearest Wal-Mart parking lot.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
These.... are.... the.... birds.... of.... Wal.... Mart....

Sung to the tune of the viral video from a few years ago:
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvxNgdFeWqM"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvxNgdFeWqM[/ame]

*May contain some offensive images!*

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Wow! Haha I would be VERY interested in an explanation for this.

Putting the humor down for a moment, there are several different events coming together in a perfect storm, if you will.

Black Birds commonly hunt /forage as a group. These groups grow in number into the fall.

Black Birds of the Great While North migrate South in the Fall.

The largest migration gathering are in and along the Central Flyway, which places groups of Black Birds from as far East as Eastern Ont Canada to as far West as the Montana. The groups than funnel South into Mexico as they Migrate farther South.

Commonly, the groups move though areas in separate gatherings. However, this Year with Fall running near two plus weeks behind normal. The groups that would have moved earlier from Texas are caught in with the groups coming from the North.

The end results is groups of Black Birds that would normally move thought areas in separate groups, spaced by time and Weather are overlapping this year.

Facts are facts, but I like the humor based answer much better!

Taw5106

Mar 27, 2014
Texas
Parrots
Buddy - Red Crowned Amazon (27 yo)
Venus - Solomon Island Eclectus (4 yo)
Buzz CAG (2 yo)
Sam - Cockatiel 1997 - 2004
Tweety - Budgie 1984 - 1987
Sweety - Budgie 1985 - 1986
That's the Houston area. I made the mistake years ago of giving one grackle a French fry in a Walmart parking lot and it turned into an Alfred Hitchcock scene like this. They search in packs. What amazes me though is the the parking lots are so hot in the summer and these birds are walking around on the asphalt!!! This is a norm here in Houston, crackles in all parking lots. At night the roost in the trees in the parking lots so I'm cautious to park under trees. They are very smart, I had one that mimicked a person laughing, he was wild but I could pick him out when he would laugh, lol.

Most Reactions

Latest posts