Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Hi, no I was planning on calling her this week. I know emailing does no good. It's been about 4 maybe 5 (?) weeks now since they've hatched.

I'm not sure at what age Steve was going to give them to Gail to start hand feeding. Do you know? I can't wait to find out more info.

Glad you checked in - I wanted to PM you, but I don't think you've posted enough yet to use the feature. If I find out anything before you do, I'll be sure to post it :)

parrotlover1176

Apr 7, 2014
Parrots
Senegal, Maximillian Pionus, 2 Cockatiels, Ruppell's
Yeah, I was planning to call her too. She always answers the phone but not e-mails.

No, I don't know if she is feeding them or not yet. And if they are only hand feeding pets would they DNA first?

Hopefully we will get some information this week. I will also let you know if I hear anything.

Yeah, I tried to PM you first but don't have enough posts yet. :)

OP
RavensGryf

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
I imagine they would probably be DNA-ing all of them so they'll know both for our two pets, and the rest for breeding purposes? I don't know.

I'm dying to know more info too!

I'm not sure how it works, but I think you can still message someone who is a moderator? Then they can pass a msg on to me. Am I wrong mods?

parrotlover1176

Apr 7, 2014
Parrots
Well, I have tried calling twice today with no answer. Waiting is so hard. *sigh*

parrotlover1176

Apr 7, 2014
Parrots
Hey, I just talked to Gail. She said Steve will be bringing her the babies next week. If he hasn't sent out DNA she will be doing it. She isn't feeding all the babies but is taking several so she will have a good mix of genders. She said she will take lots of pictures once she gets them. I'm so excited!

OP
RavensGryf

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Oh thank you!! Good news. I've been so busy I forgot to call (although I'm definitely excited too)! I think I'll call now and see if she answers the phone.

I bought my cage last night on the Petco.com Cinco De Mayo sale they were having. 25% off and no shipping.

parrotlover1176

Apr 7, 2014
Parrots
That's awesome! Which cage did you get? I ordered mine on Black Friday or around that time and got my cage for 1/2 price. It was before I even knew I was getting a Ruppells, I just knew I was getting another poi lol.

OP
RavensGryf

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
I got an A&E playtop in black. I think it's that black/silver vein color, which my other cages are. I hope I like it. I don't usually buy things sight unseen, but I couldn't pass up the 25% off and free shipping. That made the price much better than I would have gotten anywhere else, even after tax. Also since it was Petco.com I'm not worried about authenticity. Wow, Black Friday really has some deep discounts! 50% off sounds incredible.

If I like this cage, I want to order Robin one just like it or the dome top version. I'd like them to match :). His is almost two decades old, so time for a new one.

parrotlover1176

Apr 7, 2014
Parrots
I got the designer mink cage. I love it, it's the cage my Sennie is in. I paid just a little over $100 for it and couldn't pass up the deal.

The A&E cage looks nice. Let me know if you like it.

Dustbunny

Apr 7, 2014
USA
Parrots
PB: Green Cheek Conure (hatched 2009);
Master Beaker: B&G macaw (hatched Aug. 2014)
Congratulations on the upcoming new arrival! :)

I'm still annoying my husband with talk of possibly, maybe, sometime in the future (hehe) getting another bird and am considering a poicephalus, so I can't wait to read all about the new addition.

OP
RavensGryf

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Thanks! I've ordered a male, while 'parrotlover1176' ordered a female.

I hope there is a male in the bunch, but if not, I guess I can consider a female. We'll see what's meant to be.

I highly recommend Poi's. They're so much more laid back, undemanding, and quiet than practically any other parrot including other small parrots! I've had several species before, and to me the Poi's are really perfect.

Most Reactions

Latest posts