Washington State
Parrots
Baby - Sun Conure;
Tango - GCC;
Bindi - Sun Conure;
Stanley - Pineapple GCC;
Screamer Ć¢ā‚¬Å“ScreeĆ¢ā‚¬ļæ½ - Cockatiel;
Tee - Pineapple GCC; Jimmy - Cockatiel
So Iā€™ve been caring for a little pineapple GCC at the rescue (where I volunteer) for the past few months. He had been dropped there for ā€œshort termā€ due to his peopleā€™s living situation changing and theyā€™d be back for him when they were more settled. After a few months, they called and said that they want to pick him up so they can put him on Craigs list and get $75 for him because they need the cash.

I just couldnā€™t imagine what kind of place heā€™d go to from Craigs list for $75, so I offered them a $50 bill and heā€™s now mine and has a forever home. Heā€™s been vet checked and quarantined at the rescue so he went straight into my bird room tonight when I got home.

Mr Tee is 3-4 years old (we think) and is a sweet little guy. He has no idea what ā€œstep upā€ means so has never had any training, and has been on a cheap seed diet. He hasnā€™t been dnaā€™d so I have no idea if heā€™s actually a boy. He has a great personality and we have lots of time to work on diet and all the other stuff :). Iā€™ll be curious to see if he has any interest in the other birds over time, but thereā€™s no requirement that he interact with them so all is good, whatever he decides.

Picture of my new addition below!

Attachments

• 0A26B2D9-64DB-403A-A44D-6CF9211E4DA0.jpg
    0A26B2D9-64DB-403A-A44D-6CF9211E4DA0.jpg
    187.9 KB · Views: 86

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Mr Tee hit the home lottery! Bless his heart, I am so thrilled you brought him home with you. It gives me chills to think of where he may have ended up:(
He is a beautiful baby, and I am looking forward to hearing about his journey.

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
What a gorges tail.

cheekybeak721

Jul 31, 2019
NH
Parrots
GCC Green Bean
MP Pistachio
Congrats to you BOTH! Thank you for saving poor Mr Tee...it breaks my heart when people are so ignorant!
We got our GCC from a Petco...we rescued her really...they actually put on her biography that she was not nice! REALLY? She had been there for almost a year. What did they expect when they advertised her like that! She was in a glass enclosure next to a larger parrot of some sort that was aggressively pecking at the glass to get at poor Green bean...I think she was just terrified! She can be a little moody buy she's really sweet and cuddly most of the time! We love her to pieces even when she's moody! Best of luck to you and your flock and BLESS your heart for giving him the life he deserves!!!

Ellie777Australia

Apr 12, 2019
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
SI Eclectus Female, Ellie; RS/SI Eclectus Male, Bertie (both adopted as rescue/re-home)
I agree with all of the above Jen...Mr. Tee happened by just so that he could go to his forever home with you...a divine match indeed :).

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Yep the universe sure does move in mysterious and wonderful ways, sounds to me like Mr Tee was always destined to wind up with you! Congratulations s/he is gorgeous!

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
What a gorges tail.

That's the first thing I noticed too Wes...I thought BB's tail was long but Mr Tee has him beat for sure.
Welcome home Mr Tee!

Jim

Most Reactions