Why so cuddly?

Fauna

Dec 12, 2023
Parrots
Pineapple conure- Tiago
Two budgies- Edith & Azalea
My pineapple conure is 7 months old and is very attached to me 🥲 Hes the sweetest thing in the world and i love him so much. Recently hes been VERY cuddly which i was not expecting from a bird. He comes over to me and just goes and cuddles in my hair. He sits in there and makes his lil grunting noises and i can hear his little breathing 🥹 Are conures naturally cuddly creatures? Are the cuddles something I should stop? The picture i attached is of him atm

Attachments

• IMG_1250.jpeg
    IMG_1250.jpeg
    89.3 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1252.jpeg
    IMG_1252.jpeg
    120.9 KB · Views: 15

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Yep, conures, especially green cheeks, are well known for being really cuddly. Just make SURE you dont fall asleep with him on you. We read about conures being squashed like that a few times a year on here. Sometimes that trait goes away during puberty and re-emerges after. Sometimes it gets tacked on to some biting/nipping behavior!

OP
Fauna

Fauna

Dec 12, 2023
Parrots
Pineapple conure- Tiago
Yep, conures, especially green cheeks, are well known for being really cuddly. Just make SURE you dont fall asleep with him on you. We read about conures being squashed like that a few times a year on here. Sometimes that trait goes away during puberty and re-emerges after. Sometimes it gets tacked on to some biting/nipping behavior!
Good to know! Thank you! I always make sure that hes put away for the night when i start feeling myself fall asleep :)

hiriki

Oct 19, 2014
Chicago, IL
Parrots
(Birdie - Jenday Conure)
(Kiwi - Green Cheek Conure)
(Elby - Lovebird)
(Gorou & Liberty - Ringneck Doves)
Just to add, once he hits puberty if he continues to be a cuddlebug you'll want to avoid pressing on his back while cuddling. That's an erogenous zone for birds and you might trigger hormones while not even realizing it. While he's a baby, cuddle away!

OP
Fauna

Fauna

Dec 12, 2023
Parrots
Pineapple conure- Tiago
Just to add, once he hits puberty if he continues to be a cuddlebug you'll want to avoid pressing on his back while cuddling. That's an erogenous zone for birds and you might trigger hormones while not even realizing it. While he's a baby, cuddle away!
Thank you!! :D

Most Reactions

Latest posts