The hard part is over!

TacoNTiki

May 27, 2015
Calgary, AB, Canada
Parrots
Taco: female cinnamon pearl cockatiel - hatched: ~September 2013, Gotcha date: Nov 29th, 2013
Tiki: Male yellow-sided green cheek conure - hatched April 10th, 2015, Gotcha date May 24, 2015
Just got home from the DNA nail trim appointment! Tiki was so good. They said he was so calm and didnt even try to bite anyone! Now the wait begins. The lab will email me the results and then the certificate will come in the mail, but it can take up to one month. I am glad they email first, I can't wait a month, LOL.

So glad it's done!!!

Tropical

Oct 13, 2015
Palm Beach
Parrots
Two Cockatiels: Rascal (Geraldine) and his baby brother named Coconut!
Just got home from the DNA nail trim appointment! Tiki was so good. They said he was so calm and didnt even try to bite anyone! Now the wait begins. The lab will email me the results and then the certificate will come in the mail, but it can take up to one month. I am glad they email first, I can't wait a month, LOL.

So glad it's done!!!

LOL... thank god I only had to wait 3 days to get my results... I wanted to DNA test my tiel BEFORE I bought him... but I fell in love with the bird so I bought him anyway without knowing his gender. Since I didn't know gender I went to see him THREE times before finally giving in and bought him hehe... and of course all 3 times he kept running up to me... so I had no choice... the bird picked me... that's when I gave in and bought him.

There is such big difference between male/female tiels... I always MUCH preferred male tiels over females.... not sure if I'll end upp with male or female GCC though...

Good luck... your results will be in very soon... time flies!

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Latest posts