The joy of adoption !

Mishcka

Feb 11, 2014
Nashville
Parrots
Cookatoo
I just wanted to post an update on Tyrion. I feel bad that sence I have adopted him so much of my time has gone toward Loki, but I must say my husband has steped up and is doing such wonder thing with our little man. To see him go from a scared little boy when got him that sat in his cage and couldn't get enough to eat . To now loves to play, and still loves to eat everything,and talks up a storm ! This guy is less then a year old and says sooooo much. He say hello, hi, come here, let me out, I'm a good boy aren't i ? , ohh my god! , shut up dogs ! Woof woof , grrrrrr, Loki come here , mommie, dad, and is starting to repeat some songs he has twinkle twinkle little star mixed up with I was born a little angle. So he sings. Twinkle twinkle little born angle lol

Loki and Tyrion are also getting along really well. They are not best friends but do share space and time with daddy. Time with mom is not shareable on Loki terms yet. He still has use for that so we don't push that fact yet. But daddy is ok to share lol I will post some pics of Tyrion so u can see how much he has grown ! He is a pretty boy .

OP
M

Mishcka

Feb 11, 2014
Nashville
Parrots
Cookatoo
Tyrion posing as a pretty boy

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 125

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
Was Tyrion the one that was posted off craigslist?

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
I just love DYHs, they are probably my favorite zons:) I'm glad your hubby is stepping up to work with him too. I'm betting by the end of this you will have 2 social birds and both you and your husband will each have a bird who is closely bonded to you. And I bet once Loki is feeling better, you won't have much of an issue getting them to be buddies. Loki's size isn't going to allow him to bully the male zon ego Tyrion is sure to have around;). Looking forward to more updates on both your babies!

jenphilly

Oct 15, 2013
Lehigh Valley, PA
Parrots
BE2 (Ivory), B&G Macaw (Max), Budgie Group,
Granbirds- tiels; GCC (Monkey & Monster); Sun Conure (Loki); Bare Eyed Too (Folger); Evil Green Monster YNA (Kelly); B&G (Titan)
Tyrion is absolutely beautiful!!! If you've read the birdie bullying posts aimed at me, you'll know the DYH are my favorites :) He is absolutely gorgeous, so happy to hear he is settling in well and being such a good boy for dad!!!

I am sure Loki will slowly learn to share his beloved mom... but understandably he is quite attached and needs mom's attention now....

You have a beautiful pair of boys!!! Proud momma :)

OP
M

Mishcka

Feb 11, 2014
Nashville
Parrots
Cookatoo
Hay Mike I don't think Tyrion was posted on the internet, but then again I wouldn't be surprised if his last owner did that ... I was contacted by a local friend that told me Tyrion was going to be dropped off at a local bird show and left at there door steps that weekend if she didn't take him that day. SO she took him from the guy, but she knew she couldn't keep him and called me right away.

It all worked out good cause we got a sweet little boy and Tyrion is not being mistreated any longer. That is first and the most important part !

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Tyrion is so beautiful and looks so happy:) It is so awesome how your hubby is helping with him, I honestly don't know what I would do without Reg's help here.

Most Reactions