Kiwi is like a feathers puppy!

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
Kiwi is like a feathered puppy!

It was so cute last night when my husband got home. He gave Kiwi a kiss and said hello to him when he walked through the door, but was a meanie and forgot to take his little buddy with him when he went to change out of his work clothes. Well, Kiwi would not stand to be forgotten! Since he has learned how to climb over the seed guard of his cage, he climbed down and waddled as fast as a parrot could to the bedroom and climbed up onto the footboard of the bed. After my husband was all changed he started walking to the door and calling Kiwi to come, so he scuttled down the footboard and followed him right to the bathroom for a shower. I wish I had my camera because it was SO adorable. Just his whole look of "I'm coming, don't worry, Kiwi is on his way":D He was like a little feathered puppy.

Last edited:

MomtoPercy

Nov 15, 2013
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Percy, a 5yo BFA & Jack, a 8yo Budgie
Oh my word! What a cute sttory! I can almost see him waddling along to the bedroom, all determined and "nobody leaves Kiwi behind"! ;)

OP
Kiwibird

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
Oh my word! What a cute sttory! I can almost see him waddling along to the bedroom, all determined and "nobody leaves Kiwi behind"! ;)

I just wanted to scoop him up and give him so many kisses for being so cute. However, valuing having 5 fingers on each hand, I just let him run around after his daddy instead:09:

jenphilly

Oct 15, 2013
Lehigh Valley, PA
Parrots
BE2 (Ivory), B&G Macaw (Max), Budgie Group,
Granbirds- tiels; GCC (Monkey & Monster); Sun Conure (Loki); Bare Eyed Too (Folger); Evil Green Monster YNA (Kelly); B&G (Titan)
Stop sharing these kind of stories!!!! You dang Kiwi is part of the reason I'm so serious about adopting Rosie... dang your Kiwi to heck... ;)

Have your camera ready tonight and tell in advance to leave Kiwi again and hopefully he'll follow behind dad. I would so love to see the video :)

OP
Kiwibird

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
Stop sharing these kind of stories!!!! You dang Kiwi is part of the reason I'm so serious about adopting Rosie... dang your Kiwi to heck... ;)

Have your camera ready tonight and tell in advance to leave Kiwi again and hopefully he'll follow behind dad. I would so love to see the video :)

Just imagine how much pooooooooor Rosie wants to follow you around like a puppy:D How many weeks is it until he comes home again? Only 6 isn't it;)

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
I truly hope and wish ALL Amazon lovers would read this, especially those who have rescued theirs, because it TRULY shows how they are capable of loving someone back so VERY VERY much. :D

I now have the sudden urge to go snuggle both of mine.

OP
Kiwibird

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
Since I didn't get any photos or videos of Kiwi's beyond adorable behavior last night, I just felt the need to include this other, absolutely adorable image of him hanging out on my leg the other day instead:) Oh, and a picture of Lucy the DYH my mom sent me the other day just sitting there in the kitchen being pretty. DYHs are just sooooooo pretty you know. No reason I feel I need to include these photos, especially nothing to do with Jen and Rosie or anything;)

DSC_3628_zpsaf8ef249.jpg

55c3e5fe-d152-44cf-bb80-349d4aadaaa0_zps81ada508.jpg

jenphilly

Oct 15, 2013
Lehigh Valley, PA
Parrots
Granbirds- tiels; GCC (Monkey & Monster); Sun Conure (Loki); Bare Eyed Too (Folger); Evil Green Monster YNA (Kelly); B&G (Titan)
We were not able to go over Friday cause Jeanne at the shelter was sick, we are heading over this Friday.... shall have an update then, but I have a fear she is gonna try to convince me to take a goffin that has been there for a while. She keeps talking about him to me, almost like subconscious suggestion.... you want Corey, you want Corey, you want Corey :) but I don't want Corey!!!! Hes a cutie, but one too for me is plenty!! :) I thought I would want an umbrella one day (rescue of course), but seeing how Ivory reacted to Folger being home, I don't think I could do that to her... and considering he's a bird I don't play with, just talk to him and such...

Tell Kiwi to send subliminal birdie messages to Rosie to tell Jeanne he has to come home with me... :) I'll let ya know on Friday if Kiwi had any luck!

jenphilly

Oct 15, 2013
Lehigh Valley, PA
Parrots
and for the photos, I think you just wanted to show off your leg :) I know the guys here wanted to thank you :)

Your mom's DYH is beautiful, they are just one of the prettiest birds in my opinion...

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
What a cute story. Kiwi will make sure he gets what he wants ; )
They're both such BEAUTIFUL Amazons. The diet and care really shows!

OP
Kiwibird

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
I tease my mom that I will fly home, break in and steal Lucy in the dead of night. My mom may feel otherwise, but Lucy is MY bird. She belongs with ME:D She is the whole reason I ever ended up with Kiwi. I missed her so much, I decided I just couldn't live without a bird (even better if it were a zon). Lucy is much more subdue than Kiwi (probably her age) and lets only me pet her (and she is very very soft). But Kiwi is my special little guy who will just do the funniest things and makes the funniest noises.

SandyBee

Oct 5, 2012
Coquitlam BC, Canada
Parrots
DYH Amazon-Rescue- Bosley (36),
African Brown head-Rescue- August(9)
Re: Kiwi is like a feathered puppy!

Awww so sweet, Bosley is like a feathered puppy too. Except he flies room to room. I can't even escape to the bathroom and he needs to fly 3 sharp turns to get there lol.

Most Reactions