The little Kids of my flock, my Budgies.

Turquoise

Banned
Banned
Oct 23, 2012
West Texas
Parrots
2 Male Catalina Macaws~Roscoe & Angel, 1 Female Green Wing Macaw~Ruby Jewel, 1 Female Solomon Island Eclectus~Leyla Belle, 1 female Pineapple Green Cheek Conure~Peta, 8 Budgies
I have 8 budgies and they all live in a large flight cage together. I love listening to their little sing songs & chirps. They are quite busy most of the day. I have an array of colors, but they are the most difficult of my birds to get good pics of. They just won't stay still like my bigger fiddies do.

Their names are: Spirit, Shadow, Sky Bird, Feathers, Cherokee II, Sapphire, Shimmer & Sunny.

034-1.jpg

021-2.jpg

051.jpg

060-1.jpg

021-2.jpg

021-2.jpg

Birdlover11

Aug 23, 2012
Long island
Parrots
Pepsi and sprite, both are American male budgies
They are beautiful ! I just love at how every picture a budgie is cocking it's head at the camera, my budgies do the same. I love the colors,I agree budgies never stay still.

OP
Turquoise

Turquoise

Banned
Banned
Oct 23, 2012
West Texas
Parrots
2 Male Catalina Macaws~Roscoe & Angel, 1 Female Green Wing Macaw~Ruby Jewel, 1 Female Solomon Island Eclectus~Leyla Belle, 1 female Pineapple Green Cheek Conure~Peta, 8 Budgies
I don't know the answer to that one, about keeping them tame in a group. None of mine are hand tame, but I haven't really worked with them like I do with my bigger feathered kids.

I really don't mind them not being tame, I just love their colors & songs & how it reminds me of a flock of little birds in the trees to have them all together.

Spirit, the violet colored one was my first one of this group and I had him for awhile before I got any of the others. So although he did not want to be handled, he did begin to talk until I got Shadow. He will listen to me when I go over the words he learned, but he just won't say them anymore with his own kind to talk to instead. One of the things the budgies tend to do if kept in a group.

Most Reactions

Latest posts