The original Angry Birds

Fae88

Oct 10, 2013
Ohio
Parrots
Bruno (male Grey Cockatiel, under a year old)
So cute/cool! Skittles screeched in my ear (he is currently perched on my shoulder) when he heard your birds "talking" lol. They seem to enjoy Angry Birds :)

Jowelbg

Jun 3, 2013
Texas
Parrots
2 Black Headed Caiques - Bunsen & Beaker
Dang. I gotta check this on my PC in the morning. Stupid iOS.

OP
dskidd

dskidd

Dec 6, 2012
Parrots
Eliza -- Black Headed Caique
Henry -- White-Bellied Caique
Oh wow, they let you play with their iPad!

Aren't they sooOOOooo generous?! Actually I got the idea from an old post. I went looking for it just now and can't seem to dig it up; I thought it might have been a post of yours Joel, but I can't quite remember. Anyway, there was a video of birds playing with an iPad; there were little dots moving around that they were chasing.

When I was playing with E&H, I wondered if they would react similarly. I had to stop and think if I had anything on the iPad that involved moving objects; then the light bulb went on, and Angry Birds seemed to be the appropriate choice.

Incidentally, while I've taught them various commands, the video illustrates a command they came up with. It's at the end of the first part, before the video switches to Henry (who somehow managed to start an AB tutorial).

One of the birds stops the game; then my hand comes down to re-start it. Well, when I put my hand on the floor with my finger out, that--of course--means "step up." However, Eliza and Henry have decided that when I put my hand on the floor without my finger out, that means "cuddle with Dad," and you can see them both snuggle up...meaning I spent the next fifteen minutes in that position while my back seized up... ;)

One other note: Last night, they were in my home office with me. Just for fun, I brought up the video on the computer. E&H started attacking themselves, attacking the Angry Birds. How existential can you GET?! :p

How are Bunsen and Beaker these days?
Derek

OP
dskidd

dskidd

Dec 6, 2012
Parrots
Check out my angry P'let thread. Now that's one angry bird. LOL

Argh! I can't find the thread! I'll keep searching! I definitely want to see that!
:)
Derek

Jowelbg

Jun 3, 2013
Texas
Parrots
2 Black Headed Caiques - Bunsen & Beaker
I posted one of them playing a game designed for cats on iPad. It's around here somewhere. But the game is called GameForCats, and it's free. It's nearly as fun to watch Caiques playing with a simulated laser pointer as it is to watch them angry birds, though.

B&B are doing great. Their flight feathers are growing. They came clipped from the pet shop. It's fun to watch them get around now. Actually, they just put themselves to bed.

Your guys look like they have their flight feathers from the video. Do you have any trouble with it? I just asked if your Caiques were trouble... Let me rephrase. I was warned they may be a little more aggressive. Have you seen any of that behavior?

-Joel

OP
dskidd

dskidd

Dec 6, 2012
Parrots
I posted one of them playing a game designed for cats on iPad. It's around here somewhere. But the game is called GameForCats, and it's free. It's nearly as fun to watch Caiques playing with a simulated laser pointer as it is to watch them angry birds, though.

Your guys look like they have their flight feathers from the video. Do you have any trouble with it? I just asked if your Caiques were trouble... Let me rephrase. I was warned they may be a little more aggressive. Have you seen any of that behavior?

-Joel

LOL! I like the way you quickly rephrased your question! "Caiques" and "trouble" are definitely two synonymous terms!

("Coming up on the 11:00 newscast, Joel asks if 'Caiques were trouble'...in other breaking news, it's just been announced that water is indeed wet. Film at 11:00!") :D

Seriously, if I was given that warning when I was doing my research on birds, I have completely forgotten it. That's really interesting. I haven't noticed anything as of yet. However, at this point, they still seem to be happy to just run around, and climb up and down stuff. Henry will occasionally flutter around, but it's nothing more than short hops when he wants to get somewhere quickly.

I'll keep an eye on their behavior, particularly if they do start flying around more. Has anyone else out there observed anything like this with their birds?
Derek

Pinkbirdy

Feb 26, 2013
Clifton Springs Newyork
Parrots
macaw,LS2,congo grey,2Blk Hd caiques,Hawkhead,yellowstrk lory,Blue frnt amazon,sun conure ,Yellow sided greencheek ,Goffin ,Rosebreasted Cockatoo,Greenwing Macaw,Blue and Gold Macaw,Nanday conure,Ecle
ive learned with mine [their not in the same cage ,but side by side ]. I let them see each other first and play then their happy to see me. What I would do if they were in the same cage.Is let them out to play first [they seem to need to get it out of their system. I know If you don't have them on a structured time out schedule [they can turn into brats :) )

Most Reactions

Latest posts