Big cage

ParkersMom

Jan 18, 2013
Nashville TN
Parrots
Parker male BF Amazon hatched 5/2/2012
Charlie unsexed BF Amazon hatched 1994?
Juno Female BH Caique Hatched 6-3-2013
Looking for a cage for Juno and I am having trouble finding one that is big enough with small enough bar spacing....any ideas

OP
ParkersMom

ParkersMom

Jan 18, 2013
Nashville TN
Parrots
From my research they need lots of floor space as well as climbing room and room for toys....probably a dometop or flat top because she already has 2 playstands

OP
ParkersMom

ParkersMom

Jan 18, 2013
Nashville TN
Parrots
I was thinking of maybe a bigger flight type cage. I'm not sure of the correct bar spacing...

Pinkbirdy

Feb 26, 2013
Clifton Springs Newyork
Parrots
macaw,LS2,congo grey,2Blk Hd caiques,Hawkhead,yellowstrk lory,Blue frnt amazon,sun conure ,Yellow sided greencheek ,Goffin ,Rosebreasted Cockatoo,Greenwing Macaw,Blue and Gold Macaw,Nanday conure,Ecle
My favorite ones is ,their big and WIDE. That way they will play with foot toys and on their backs . Ones that go all the way to the floor [I don't think they bother with the bottom part]

OP
ParkersMom

ParkersMom

Jan 18, 2013
Nashville TN
Parrots
it's so hard to pick a cage off the internet without being able to see it...I might just wait till the next fair in April. The vendor there has really good prices...and you can see the cages already assembled.

Pinkbirdy

Feb 26, 2013
Clifton Springs Newyork
Parrots
macaw,LS2,congo grey,2Blk Hd caiques,Hawkhead,yellowstrk lory,Blue frnt amazon,sun conure ,Yellow sided greencheek ,Goffin ,Rosebreasted Cockatoo,Greenwing Macaw,Blue and Gold Macaw,Nanday conure,Ecle
Monica ,I think both are great [that's what Im talking about] .I love seeing birds play on their back.

OP
ParkersMom

ParkersMom

Jan 18, 2013
Nashville TN
Parrots
what is the proper bar spacing for them?....I like the mink cage you picked but i would still like to go bigger if I can find one with the right spacing

Featheredsamurai

Aug 24, 2011
California
Parrots
African Greg
2 cockatiels
The mink cage has a s bar spacing, I think it would be fine for a bird as small as a GCC

I saw the mink cage at a Petco, is was returned so they had it set up. I was suprisingly by how big it was.

Chelle

Aug 5, 2013
Parrots
CHEESECAKE (Pineapple~GCC) 2/4/14
I have the Mink cage from Petco and it is HUGE! I have both of my Conures in that cage and there is plenty of room!

MonicaMc

Sep 12, 2012
Media
Parrots
Mitred Conure - Charlie 1994;
Cockatiel - Casey 2001;
Wild Caught ARN - Sylphie 2013
I would say that 3/4" or less is fine. I'm sure you could probably go larger (up to 1"), but probably best to stick around that size.

dskidd

Dec 6, 2012
Parrots
Eliza -- Black Headed Caique
Henry -- White-Bellied Caique
Eliza and Henry have a cage with three bedrooms, two baths and an office. They have very kindly consented to share it with me...
;)
Derek

Most Reactions