The sun is shining, the birds are chirping... (PIC HEAVY)

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
The sun is shining, the birds are chirping, that strange green one is honking and is thrilled with the return of the sun and his friends down at the lake:D Today was actually warm enough to head down there for a while and boy was he ever happy to be out and about again! All his "friends" came over to say hi and he got some attention from some random humans too. After being cooped up all winter long, today was a glorious experiencer for the little green creature!

Here are some of his buddies, they are really cute and not aggressive at all (I have been to some lakes where they had killer ducks:eek: but these ones are nice and don't bother you). Kiwi likes to make his goose honk at them:
20160225_142926_zpsgtq10kyx.jpg

20160225_143256_zps7mam9qrc.jpg

Having fun taking selfies in the sun with his mommy:

The ATTITUDE:
1456440366996_zpsdgc7wjqq.jpg

20160225_144651_zpsiqdqzpu7.jpg

The gratitude:
1456440600332_zpsi8r4gqux.jpg

(Yes, like every 17 year old boy, he must ALWAYS use his tongue when he gives you a kiss lol)

The joyful contentment of basking in the sun after a long, cloudy Portland winter:
20160225_144512_zps7rxecbnf.jpg

While Kiwi was overjoyed, this was more my reaction to the sun being out after the winter:D
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgsTgq-uSlM"]Portlandia - Southern California - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:

Doublete

Mar 15, 2015
Maryland
Parrots
"Loki" turquoise GCC 1/4/15 hatch date-- "Chiqui" amazon 9/2010 hatch date---- "Banner" green parrotlet hatchdate 11/22/16

RIP "pineapple" lovebird
He looks overjoyed... :)

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
I'm glad you guys had a good time, and these weren't the 'killer' variety of ducks! The expression on Kiwi's face in the last pic says it all :).

That video is funny. I'm NOT looking forward to the HOT SoCal sun this summer!!!

plumsmum2005

Nov 18, 2015
England, UK
Parrots
Lou, Ruby, and Sonu.
Fly free Plum, my gorgeous boy.
Hey loved the pics especially the mommy kisses.

Think you might have got me hooked on a TV series too lol

OP
Kiwibird

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
Hey loved the pics especially the mommy kisses.

Think you might have got me hooked on a TV series too lol

This bird is a kiss fiend! He tries to maul you with kisses when you do something nice for him lol.

BIRDIGIRL

Jan 25, 2016
Mayo Ireland
Parrots
Rodney Blue Fronted Amazon
RIP Mr Biggles White Fronted Amazon , Elsa and Little Nellow the Lutino Budgies, Lady Primrose a Pied Budgie and English Budgies Houdini Popeye and Olive
Fab pics I love Kiwi hes Adorable and how he loves his mommy :)

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Love the pics, April! Kiwi is obviously loving his time out in the sun. Such a happy bird.

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
What a handsome guy that Kiwi is! Love the mommy smooches too lol..I wish my Amy would give her daddy some lol..We can't wait til its warmer here in CT to take the little girl out...she loves going outside.

Jim

OP
Kiwibird

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
What a handsome guy that Kiwi is! Love the mommy smooches too lol..I wish my Amy would give her daddy some lol..We can't wait til its warmer here in CT to take the little girl out...she loves going outside.

Jim

You let Amy know Kiwi says she needs to kiss her daddy:10: Human like kisses like birds like treats and it's how a bird rewards their human for good behavior:D

Most Reactions