Male
7 Years old
564139_412615748784085_1641829571_n.jpg

wenz2712

Banned
Banned
Nov 16, 2011
Media
I have seen this happen here in the UK :( Now, If anyone is seen throwing Gum on the ground they are issued with an Instant Fine!! We have wardens patrolling the Streets keeping Watch!

cdog

Feb 20, 2012
Newbury Park, CA
Parrots
Sully-2 year old cinnamon and Bella-3 year old normal
breeding pair of gcc, Scooter & BeeBee-Sully and Bella's normal son's, Rosey- Bella and Sully's cinnamon daughter, Ella & Sunny-American budgies
I knew there was a good reason why I didn't throw my gum on the ground! I can't beleive people who do that, what,they're too lazy to walk 20 ft to find a trash can?

Spiritbird

Banned
Banned
Aug 20, 2009
Media
I would include cigarette butts in this too. Thanks Ant. a good reminder to the people that must throw trash on the ground.

Alisana

May 31, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Yuki - Snow white budgie; Luna - Blue budgie; Pocket - Hahn's Macaw
Wow. Good pickup.

Although I know the "no gum rule" is more about city hygiene and cleanliness rather than care for the birds, its good to know that some places have that consideration.

It's same thing as well for trashcans. I much prefer the wheelie bins with a closable lid; as often open cans, you can see scrub turkeys looking/poking through the trashcan eating who-knows-what.

Good pickup.

solobaby

Jul 14, 2011
Parrots
Solo(indian ringneck)-Marley(green cheek conure)- Dobby (cockatiel)
i normally end up swolloing my gum, its such a bad habbit

luvmytooo

Dec 22, 2011
New York
Parrots
*Yoshi* Goffins Cockatoo
* Rosie*Rose Breasted Galah
*Stella*Hyacinth Macaw
*Baby*Catalina Macaw

*Multiple Parakeets*
I wouldn't throw gum out just because it's littering. This is where you live , why would you want to dirty it up by littering ???
But now there is a better reason....that poor baby :(
Thanks for posting this.
That picture will stay with me for a while , how sad :(
Seeing Crows dodging cars for that piece of doughnut someone decided to throw out the window is so scary enough....I mean , REALLY , did you have to throw it in THE MIDDLE of the road ??? Just saying.....

Most Reactions