LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Congratulations on the new baby Crash! Do I detect a link to the movie “Aliens” in the name Newt?

OP
Crash_Davis

Crash_Davis

Jul 11, 2014
Leesburg, VA
Parrots
White Bellied Caique - 1 yr
Congratulations on the new baby Crash! Do I detect a link to the movie “Aliens” in the name Newt?

Very nice catch! Most people I tell think "Isaac Newton" or "Fig Newton" but I am a huge Sci-Fi buff. I usually name all my female pets after a kid in my favorite Sci-Fi movies. My daughter's Yorkie who is now 11 is named "Gertie". LOL

OP
Crash_Davis

Crash_Davis

Jul 11, 2014
Leesburg, VA
Parrots
Congratulations on your new baby! Newt is a great name :) Looking forward to those pictures!

Thank you, here is my little Piggy, she loves to eat. :) She is 16 weeks old I believe.

DSC_0142_1.jpg

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Oh she’s gorgeousness itself! I wish you both a long & happy life together and I expect regular photos & updates:)

Breeze

Dec 27, 2017
Australia
Parrots
Duckie -( passed ) 1.5yrs Yellow-sided GCC

Eden- 14/8/2017 High-red pineapple conure

Indi- 12/11/2017 White bellied caique

Asher- 15/1/2018 - Black capped conure

Wolfie- 21/10/2017- Alexandrine
Congratulations on your new baby! Newt is a great name :) Looking forward to those pictures!

Thank you, here is my little Piggy, she loves to eat. :) She is 16 weeks old I believe.

DSC_0142_1.jpg
oh my she is so gorgeous. She looks like a lovely bird, congratulations with your new found caique.

This is a hello from Indi ( being piggy) to Newt, Love the name btw.

Attachments

• P1020326.jpg
    P1020326.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 83

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Congratulations! Iook forward to hearing all about her. I've always had a hankering for a caique!

OP
Crash_Davis

Crash_Davis

Jul 11, 2014
Leesburg, VA
Parrots
Quick question, Newt has black on her head. Will it turn orange as she gets older?

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Quick question, Newt has black on her head. Will it turn orange as she gets older?

She is gorgeous! That should change to orange. I have a friend who breeds them, and I saw one of her last year's babies a few weeks ago and her head was completely orange.

Most Reactions

Latest posts