This can't be? Right? HUGE LONG SHOT!

mybabylo

Jul 27, 2013
Maybe the band fell off or got lost while he was loose & someone could have found him took him in & moved across states with him be it by marriage, job change, etc. etc. I can't wait to read updates! This is happy/sad .. if it is him have u thought about what you're going to do??

OP
Ravennessa

Ravennessa

Jun 22, 2013
Franklin Sq, NY
Parrots
Jacob a sun conure who found me!
Well they never got back to me.. So I am not gonna bother them.. If they don't wanna investigate it as much as possible it's not my problem. I am fairly sure I have exhausted all areas to where this bird can come from that I can online as well as offline. There's no flyers, no adds that matches him, nothing..

IF it had been their bird, I guess we would have had to transported him down there somehow.. On the other hand, I can't really say that I am sad that they didn't get back to me.. I was at the bf's last night and I took him with me and the dog.. So all four of us was sitting on the couch watching TV.. (Thank God my bf loves him as much as I do, if my landlord decides that I can't keep him which may be a reality he will take him in his place cause I don't wanna loose him unless his real owners step up wherever they are now..

NeverBroken

Aug 22, 2013
NY
Parrots
Lola the U2
I was reading this anxiously to find out what happened... too bad they seem to have given up on him, if it is him. The coincidences are strong, that is for sure. But you did everything on your end to return him if it was him- you can feel peace in that. I do hope your landlord lets you keep him, it sounds like he is very happy with you. Enjoy him :)

BillsBirds

Jan 9, 2012
Largo, Florida
Parrots
Timneh African Grey (Bailey), Lovebird (Elvis)
If I were you, and these people didn't try harder to claim him, I'd keep him. You went above & beyond to find his owner. You deserve to keep him. Plus, he may not want to go back. He loves you now!

MonicaMc

Sep 12, 2012
Media
Parrots
Mitred Conure - Charlie 1994;
Cockatiel - Casey 2001;
Wild Caught ARN - Sylphie 2013
Maybe it is his previous owners? But perhaps they are not in a position to take him back anymore? Maybe they don't have room for him? Who knows.

Stranger things have happened... here's one story of a dog that was reunited with his original family after being "lost" for 11 years... and he ended up on the other side of the country! (as you hear budgies chirp in the background!)

Family reunited with missing dog after 11 years - www.ktnv.com

baron1282

Oct 20, 2012
I am glad you did all you can to try and find this birds original home.

At this point just forget about looking and be happy you got a free new best friend. :p

Sun Conures are not cheap and can be a great loving bird! The only issue is they are loud. LOL.

The noise wouldn't bother me as much, but I can understand other people not liking it. I hope your land lord lets you keep him. Sometimes if you talk with your neighbors they are more inclined to not be bothered by the noise. Just ask around if it's bothering anyone and ways you can address the issue if they are willing to work with you. Good Luck!

Most Reactions

Latest posts