This is why I have animals (and parrots)

Doublete

Mar 15, 2015
Maryland
Parrots
"Loki" turquoise GCC 1/4/15 hatch date-- "Chiqui" amazon 9/2010 hatch date---- "Banner" green parrotlet hatchdate 11/22/16

RIP "pineapple" lovebird
Today was my birthday.
I have no family nearby and apparently no friends either. I've always been too busy myself so I understand everyone having work and being busy. It kind of is what it is but yes I've been whiny.

My baby Loki really hasn't been any different today... He's kind of a pain in the butt lol.
But Chiqui knew something was up.
She wanted to be with me all day and even stayed up later than normal tonight she started yelling hello at about 7 pm which is usually when they start to quiet down. So I went to get her out to her play stand (which she finally sits on). She sat there but kept talking and acting like she would fly off (she is flighted but really doesn't go anywhere- twice since I've had her she got spooked by a sound one of the cats or dogs made- from behind a closed door lol).. So I went over to her and she wanted to hang out with me apparently. She even wanted to cuddle and get petted.each time I put her down she pretty much had body language that she would rather be with me. And kept chattering away too.
She finally went to bed but not without coaxing.

Love my animals.

I'm going to pretend that the fact that there was a thunderstorm coming in and going on had nothing to do with her wanting to be with me :)

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie

Well I would like to wish you a very happy birthday!!

Now you need to call your friends next week, and say a sentence that starts with "on my birthday last Thursday....." LOL I'm sure they'll feel bad and give many apologies :). Animals are the best aren't they? They're there unconditionally.

dogslovepeace

Apr 7, 2015
Happy birthday!! Animals are the greatest at cheering us up. So glad yours were there for you tonight. You share your birthday with an amazing lady - my mom [emoji16].

OP
D

Doublete

Mar 15, 2015
Maryland
Parrots
"Loki" turquoise GCC 1/4/15 hatch date-- "Chiqui" amazon 9/2010 hatch date---- "Banner" green parrotlet hatchdate 11/22/16

RIP "pineapple" lovebird
Thank you. And yes animals are wonderful. Probably why it hurts more if you lose one. One of my cats is 14. And her brother passed away peacefully and suddenly two years ago. It's not even something I want to think about!

I wish I could keep Chiqui and Loki up with me but they're sound asleep.

4dugnlee

Apr 27, 2014
Ohio
Parrots
Sassy - 13 y.o. Blue Front Amazon, Cisco - 6 y.o. Sun Conure, Peanut - 8 y.o. U2
Fred - 2(?) y.o. Cockatiel, Ginger - 3 or 4(?) y.o. Cockatiel
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO TO YOU...HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU...HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR DOUBLETE...HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! (that was me singing...believe me it sounds better in type..lol)

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
birdsbday_zps6yqxf69d.jpg

Friends may come and go, but our animals are always there for us:)
I am so glad they kept you company today (and I am sure it had nothing to do with the storm:) )

HAPPY BIRTHDAY from me and my Flock!!!

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!When your share your home with Fids you're really never alone. Warm hugs and birthday wishes.

OP
D

Doublete

Mar 15, 2015
Maryland
Parrots

RIP "pineapple" lovebird
Thanks guys. I'm especially whiny today.

I was just happy my birdies didn't make me feel bad about it. :)

95talongirl

Jul 24, 2012
IL
Parrots
Blue Front Amazon, Mopar
Hawkhead Parrot, Maverick
Aww! Why happy birthday to you! What a sweet story. :)

akrrm

Apr 29, 2014
New Jersey
Parrots
Swoop~Blue and Gold Macaw (30 years young)
Happy belated birthday! Chiqui sounds like she's becoming a wonderful friend.

labell

Feb 17, 2014
East
I am sorry you didn't have any human companionship for your birthday but I'm glad your feathered and furred friends kept you from feeling too lonely.:)

Wait until your my age, there comes a point where you don't even consider them as they pass and certainly don't celebrate them!:p

OP
D

Doublete

Mar 15, 2015
Maryland
Parrots

RIP "pineapple" lovebird
Holidays and stuff like bdays are just excuses to spend time with family in my family. I just happen to live 7-10 hours from mine.

That's probably why I surround myself with the feathered and furry family. :)

Most Reactions