003.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 264
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 302

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Cuteness overload! :D

I don't know why, but Senegals look SO intimidating to me. :( GORGEOUS...but intimidating. Strange, isn't it?

JamesC

Sep 3, 2011
Knoxville, TN
Parrots
Blue Crown Conures: Tootsie and Rosco.
Senegal Parrot: Sidney.

Feathers of the past:
Budgies: Sunshine, Digit, Kiwi, and Yahto.
Senegal Parrot: Kelly.
"Fly free, little ones. Love and miss you."
Not strange. They have a very intense look to their eyes. The contrast between head feathers and the eye color bring it out. When really focused on something they look almost predatory in nature.

And I'll have to try that sticking carrots in a ball like that. Sidney will eat carrots most of the time but I'd love to get my conures to eat more of them. They are very picky. Especially the former seed eater.

MeganMango

Oct 13, 2012
Media
Guelph Ontario
Parrots
1 red bellied parrot (Mango), 3 cockatiels (Bugsie, Alfie, and Bananas)
Mango my red belly can look downright scary when he wants to. Their grey head and hooked beak looks very close to a bird of prey. When he pins his eyes and hisses I most certainly give him personal space. They are stocky, robust birds, we joke the poi are like the birdy mafia.

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Mango my red belly can look downright scary when he wants to. Their grey head and hooked beak looks very close to a bird of prey. When he pins his eyes and hisses I most certainly give him personal space. They are stocky, robust birds, we joke the poi are like the birdy mafia.

LOL @ birdy mafia.

I swear, when I go to a nearby bird store, I actually make a WIDE circle around the Senegals, Meyers and Red Bellies because they DO look like they're about to attack. :54: Next time I'll go, I'll be brave and see what will happen to me. ;)

ConureCrazy

Jun 13, 2012
Media
California
Parrots
Senegal: Oliver ~~
Yellow-Sided GCC's: Bella and Zora ~~
R.I.P Tweeters the Cockatiel<3
Ah, Wendy, they're not that bad. The first 2 weeks or so after I got Oliver, and he was a biter, you can bet I was a bit intimidated by his beak power, it's like 10× more than a GCC. But now he's super affectionate, maybe too much. He's having a huge molt and he isn't grumpy, just asks for scritches so much it's getting tiresome. :eek:

MeganMango

Oct 13, 2012
Media
Guelph Ontario
Parrots
1 red bellied parrot (Mango), 3 cockatiels (Bugsie, Alfie, and Bananas)
LOL @ birdy mafia.

I swear, when I go to a nearby bird store, I actually make a WIDE circle around the Senegals, Meyers and Red Bellies because they DO look like they're about to attack. :54: Next time I'll go, I'll be brave and see what will happen to me. ;)

Ya, Mango has always been really affectionate, hes just full of himself sometimes. He really loves his food, its the only thing that he fights with us about now. Hes actually a big cuddle bug, and he has a lot of different facial expressions. He can put on a scary face, but he can also look playful, loving, vulnerable, and naughty. I always know what hes going to do because hes so expressive. Although he can look scary, at least I know when hes thinking about being a jerk. He also has the attention span of a flea, so its really easy to distract him with food/tricks. I wouldnt trade him for the world. I love all the personality. Even when hes over excited, its fun to watch him flip and spin all over his cage attacking his toys. Hes learning our hands arent for playing with, and hes getting a lot better. Hes just easily offended lol

MollyGreenCheeks

Jan 16, 2012
Media
Albums
Arizona, USA
Parrots
Molly - GCC, Cody - GCC, Gracie - Congo African Grey
Beautiful!!! I so love Senegals. I've narrowed my next flock member down to a Senegal, Caique or Blue Crowned Conure. Depending on the light, a Senegal's eyes can look downright evil but they are such beautiful birds. If I do settle on he Senegal I just won't look at is after the sun goes down! LOL

Most Reactions