Time apart

Sabbath

Apr 26, 2011
Media
I'll be getting a Sun Conure soon and I was curious about something.

I go to school from 6:50 to 1:40 and come home around 2ish and work a of course.

This will be continuing during the summer(6:50 - 4:00).

What should I do about this? Will the bird become lonely and depressed or is there a way to make up for lost time?

mtdoramike

Supporting Member
Jan 18, 2011
Media
Mt. Dora Fl./central Fl.
Parrots
11 month old Senegal Parrot - 3 year old SI Eclectus
Just have plenty of toys on hand for the bird to play with and keep occupied while your gone. Foraging toys are great. it makes them work for their treats. But no, it shouldn't be a problem, it will just make your time together extra special.

OP
Sabbath

Sabbath

Apr 26, 2011
Media
Awesome thank you! I will have the bird out of the cage whenever I am home to be with him so I hope he/she has plenty of time!

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
If you could, leave the radio on or tv on for the bird to listen to. :)

OP
Sabbath

Sabbath

Apr 26, 2011
Media
If you could, leave the radio on or tv on for the bird to listen to. :)
This may sound like a odd question, but any specific type of music?(Most radio station here are just music)

I listen to mostly rock myself but is their a particular taste a bird would like or are they like humans and vary musicly.

aufde

Apr 27, 2011
I don't have a bird of my own yet, but a friend of mine has a Jenday which is almost exactly the same as a sun and he said his bird really like reggae in particular.

It sounds like each bird has its own personality and a lot of things will depend on the specific bird you get, which is why I want to eventually get one.

OP
Sabbath

Sabbath

Apr 26, 2011
Media
Ok, I'll have to test out some station and see what the bird reacts to.

Best of luck on getting your own bird!

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
Any music works....But I would do soft music....I don't know if the music itself could make them scream more if you go crazy on the station....I don't play crazy stuffs so I'm not sure about that part....lol

Parrot Parent

Feb 22, 2011
My house
Parrots
R.I.P. Linius, my Sun conure
Tapa and Tio, Parakeets, Xander 3 month old sun conure
This may sound really weird but what my Xander likes is a bit of Avenged sevenfold. My parakeets however prefer electronic music. It really depends on the bird, just like it depends on the human :)

Most Reactions

Latest posts