Time for a new name! Baby IRN coming home :)

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
Eclectus, CAG, BH Pionus, Maximilian’s Pionus, Quakers, Indian Ringnecks, Green Cheeked Conures, Black Capped Conures, Cockatiels, Lovebirds, Budgies, Canaries, Diamond Doves, Zebra Finches, Society F
Many of you know I am raising Titan, my GCC chick who I had to pull at two days old. I have been looking for another bird to raise with him, as I feel companionship, again companionship, is really important to the development of baby birds and none of my babies are the right age. Well, I was looking for a conure, but was unable to find one. But a breeder friend is selling me his only IRN chick, who was ALSO being raised alone. Both babies are about three weeks old right now; Titan is turquoise but th IRN has not broken any pins yet and is still mostly naked; my friend expects him to be green. I will be keeping him forever, so I need an AWESOME name, and you guys are so good at names! We have a military theme but don't mind breaking away from that for the perfect name. We are currently in Hawaii so we may go with a Hawaiian name such as Kamehameha (Kam for short) who was the king who United the islands if it is a boy, or ka'iulani (lani for short) who was the last Hawaiian princess/Queen. Any suggestions? He comes home tomorrow!

EAI

Jul 25, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Parrots
Budgerigar: Arrow, Esther, Kratos, Cora, Ducky.

Lovebird: Izzy, Gizmo.
. I can possibly try help find some Hawaiian names since I have no clue on any Military terms... good thing my grandma had a Hawaiian Dictionary in her book case :p

RN, I'm thinking of something that has to do with the color green and can be unisex lol. Maybe Mauna (Mountains), Koa (type of tree that gets pretty $$$$$), or Ekaha (birds nest fern...ba dum tsss) ?

OP
SilverSage

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
Eclectus, CAG, BH Pionus, Maximilian’s Pionus, Quakers, Indian Ringnecks, Green Cheeked Conures, Black Capped Conures, Cockatiels, Lovebirds, Budgies, Canaries, Diamond Doves, Zebra Finches, Society F
Nice! I am steering away from Koa, Kona, Maui, Leilani, and the other names that every single military person stationed in Hawaii names their pets! Lol, but I thought Mauka meant mountain? Oh no! Lol I'm not as smart as I thought!

EAI

Jul 25, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Parrots
Budgerigar: Arrow, Esther, Kratos, Cora, Ducky.

Lovebird: Izzy, Gizmo.
Looking back, I had a few classmates with their dog's name as Koa lol.

Now I'm getting confused! From what I remember, I think mauka is used towards directions. Like, "go mauka not makai!" From my best guess, mauna has to do with volcanoes - Mauna Loa and Mauna Kea

Oh, and looking for the meaning of mauna I saw Makana (gift) and Makani (wind) too.

OP
SilverSage

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
Oh I like those!

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
I like the idea of the Hawaiian names. One I found that I like is Iolani (bird of heaven). Not sure if it's traditionally female only?

OP
SilverSage

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
Oh that one is pretty too!

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Dani, a baby GCC and a baby IRN? I hope you're ready to take lots and lots of pics for us. That's serious cuteness.

This isn't military or Hawaii related. Since you already have Titan and the IRN will be Titan's companion, you could go with the moons of Saturn. Titan and Rhea are currently in hydrostatic equilibrium, that's kinda neat. If you aren't fond of the name, Rhea, Saturn has lots of moons to choose from. :)

Most Reactions