Timneh is such a good sport

Billdore

Nov 12, 2016
Vermont
Parrots
African Grey Timneh
So far the safest way for the kids to practice getting Timneh to step up is by putting her on the ground. She doesn't seem to mind at all. I had my two nephews sitting on the ground with me and she was buzzing all around. As they each took a turn getting her to step up. Timneh had gotten pretty fired up earlier when they were all over so it was nice to see her calm down with the two boys a bit. I was really impressed how she kept jumping right down on the floor for them. It seemed to be the right of passage if they could stand up with Timneh very awesome.

Last edited:

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Timneh must know this is a game! Wanting to be "rescued" from the floor is typical, but going to the floor repeatedly is good sport indeed.

LordTriggs

May 11, 2017
Surrey, UK
Parrots
Rio (Yellow sided conure) sadly no longer with us
the moment they realize playing on the floor is fun is a moment an entire new world opens up for them

and I lose one of my main weapons in training out bad behaviors!

DRB

Jan 23, 2016
Ohio
Parrots
Perjo - Female CAG hatch Nov 2015
Perjo has seen more floor time as of late. I put her on stand that she can climb down from and I go into the other room to sit at a table, and usually about 35-45 seconds later I hear the little pitter patter from her tiny feet strolling her way to find me.

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Kids love parrots, mostly. Even mine, and they all had their hands bitten pretty hard by my very first one, a YNA. I'm glad your nephews had good experiences.

LordTriggs

May 11, 2017
Surrey, UK
Parrots
Rio (Yellow sided conure) sadly no longer with us
Kids love parrots, mostly. Even mine, and they all had their hands bitten pretty hard by my very first one, a YNA. I'm glad your nephews had good experiences.

my little brother is terrified of parrots. No idea why. He seems to think they're poised to kill him any second, he tenses up around them so much. Even with rio he was scared, then meeting a ringneck he went completely rigid. He did relax after I told him if the owner thought the bird would bite he wouldn't have let him hold the bird

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
All my kids seem to be floor likers...Smoke's would walk down the hall,dragging her beak along the base board,stopping to bang on the closed bedroom door,then walk into the kitchen,or to my bedroom and go behind the door to the full length mirror and argue with the "other" bird :rolleyes:

Amy walks thru the living room into my computer room to climb her chair to sit with me while I play you tube vids for her. Even little Beebs,who knows how to fly,does a lot of walking...its funny watching his little legs going two-forty while his arms are slightly out from his body as he comes running to his Dad :D

Jim

Most Reactions

Latest posts