Today's toy bowls and shreddies

MomtoPercy

Nov 15, 2013
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Percy, a 5yo BFA & Jack, a 8yo Budgie
I was lazy last night and didn't make the shreddies so I had to slap them together this morning.

IMG-20140213-00784_zps05be80c7.jpg

IMG-20140213-00788_zps53eea856.jpg

IMG-20140213-00787_zpsa5aca1a7.jpg

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
So cute (like always) :)

The first pic reminds me of the TONS of various little toys my mom has out in bowls and boxes on her floor by the birds' cages. She has a couple types of Aussie grass parakeets who love to play.

hacatta

Dec 22, 2013
Parrots
i got 1 green cheek cinnamon,a rose crowned,a yellow sided and a hybride from the first 2

Kiva
Fury
Pixel
Hope
I didn't know you could use ice cream cones,now i will have to find them^^.
You're bowls look so much fun.

OP
MomtoPercy

MomtoPercy

Nov 15, 2013
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Icecream cones make a nice change for Percy to scratch around in. He doesn't eat them though, just rips them apart to find what's hidden inside ;)

Freespin

Nov 28, 2013
Waikato New Zealand
Parrots
Male senegal - Stephen. Previously Barry - Male Barraband
Nelson - Male Eclectus
How cool, as usual I am very jealous of your toy bowls! You have such a lucky little bird!

HisAngel

Feb 5, 2014
Canada
Parrots
Rosa (9) the wonderful U2 -gotcha day Mar 2, 2014
Grey IRN baby - Coming home July 2015
Awesome. As someone new to large birds, this is SO helpful for me to get ideas for Bug. he isnt home yet, but Im going to be so prepared thanks to this forum. :) Thanks again so much for sharing pics and ideas!

OP
MomtoPercy

MomtoPercy

Nov 15, 2013
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Bundii & Chilli are most welcome to come over and play! :). I can't guarantee that Percy will be a gracious host willing to share his toys though...

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
I also did not know you could use cones. Another thing to add to my list:) Thanks again Michelle for more wonderful ideas!

JennyB

Mar 27, 2013
Northern Utah
Parrots
Cockatiel - Sunshine - 1990-2014; YSGC Conure - Jellybean - 11 months; Turquoise GC Conure - Jasper - Hatched 1/14
Hi, I'm new to parrots & the foraging toys, and love your pictures! Getting some great ideas, so thank you!!! What do you hide in the ice cream cones??? Also, just a word of caution... my green cheek got her whole head stuck inside one of the woven wood balls like in your top picture... we were home so everything turned out fine, but watch those closely!

Sincerely, Jenny :)

OP
MomtoPercy

MomtoPercy

Nov 15, 2013
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Hi, I'm new to parrots & the foraging toys, and love your pictures! Getting some great ideas, so thank you!!! What do you hide in the ice cream cones??? Also, just a word of caution... my green cheek got her whole head stuck inside one of the woven wood balls like in your top picture... we were home so everything turned out fine, but watch those closely!

Sincerely, Jenny :)

I hide treats and/or toys in these bigger cones. Sometimes I get the small ones (like for cupcakes) and then I just hide a cheerio or nut in them.

Thanks for the warning about the vine balls. They're pretty flexible but one can never be too careful.

crimson

Oct 8, 2012
Media
Ontario,Canada
Parrots
Senegal-Martini,1 pineapple conure~ Kahlua,1 GCC~ Flare, spl/b, 4 Lovebirds Halo,Tye-Die,Luna,Violet,8 Cockatiels,Num Num&Tundra,8-Ball&Angus,Magnet&Sunkist,Pearl, Blush, 1 gouldian finch, 7 canaries
to bad we all don't live closer, imagine the fun we would have together making toys!!
awesome as usual Michelle, you have set the bar pretty high for us ;)

Most Reactions