Tofu injured both of her legs.

MayMaroa

Feb 13, 2022
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Parrots
2 female budgies i have a green named tofu she is 1 years old(she turned one years old in April) and i have a blue budgie named sky she is the younger one she is younger then tofu by a few days
I was sleeping then i suddenly was woken up by the birds screaming very weirdly i jumped from the bed and ran to them i saw them fighting as if they were stuck on each or like they were like stuck in a ball and were fighting and sky was holding on to tofu legs i couldn't separate them but my sister did they were holding on to each other fiercely( itt was mostly sky fault) so we separated them and i saw tofus foot on her joint bleeding i went and took cornflour it stopped the bleeding but she was limping she could barely hold her head and im not sure but I saw her other foot beside her finger a scratch and that foot is limping too, i have suspeion one of her fingers broke but im not sure since she gripped on my hand a little bit, but sky ablsoutly nothing no sctratch no hurt she was chirping and playing like normal like nothing happend i chekched for bleeding but nothing, im really worried about tofu if you have any advice on what i should do please do tell me, all of that happend today morning( 2 hours ago)
WhatsApp Image 2023-08-20 at 11.44.11.jpeg

Do note that i changed the cloth into a silky more puffed cloth since she finds that more comfortable.

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
I was sleeping then i suddenly was woken up by the birds screaming very weirdly i jumped from the bed and ran to them i saw them fighting as if they were stuck on each or like they were like stuck in a ball and were fighting and sky was holding on to tofu legs i couldn't separate them but my sister did they were holding on to each other fiercely( itt was mostly sky fault) so we separated them and i saw tofus foot on her joint bleeding i went and took cornflour it stopped the bleeding but she was limping she could barely hold her head and im not sure but I saw her other foot beside her finger a scratch and that foot is limping too, i have suspeion one of her fingers broke but im not sure since she gripped on my hand a little bit, but sky ablsoutly nothing no sctratch no hurt she was chirping and playing like normal like nothing happend i chekched for bleeding but nothing, im really worried about tofu if you have any advice on what i should do please do tell me, all of that happend today morning( 2 hours ago)
View attachment 53621
Do note that i changed the cloth into a silky more puffed cloth since she finds that more comfortable.
Im so sorry, please keep us updated 🥺

OP
MayMaroa

MayMaroa

Feb 13, 2022
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Parrots
2 female budgies i have a green named tofu she is 1 years old(she turned one years old in April) and i have a blue budgie named sky she is the younger one she is younger then tofu by a few days
Tofus is better now and a little more energetic.

onamom

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 9, 2022
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ona: Dilute Green Cheek Conure
How scary!! Definitely get her to an avian vet ASAP to make sure she doesn't have any injuries.

ThatCatAgain

Aug 16, 2023
Algeria
Parrots
Budgies
View attachment 53621
I'm so sorry for what happened to tofu,I hope that she's alright now.

OP
MayMaroa

MayMaroa

Feb 13, 2022
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Parrots
Thanks all, tofus is better now shes chirping and a bit energetic but her foot hurts when she goes on something.

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
View attachment 53621
Poor thing! She needs and and a calm, quiet time to recover. Don't put these two birds back together! They can and sometimes do get into bloody brawls

Most Reactions

Latest posts