Washington State
Parrots
Baby - Sun Conure;
Tango - GCC;
Bindi - Sun Conure;
Stanley - Pineapple GCC;
Screamer Ć¢ā‚¬Å“ScreeĆ¢ā‚¬ļæ½ - Cockatiel;
Tee - Pineapple GCC; Jimmy - Cockatiel
I let them know that my birds wouldnā€™t touch the sample and specifically asked about the texture change that coincided with the new ingredients. I did get a response that he wasnā€™t aware that the texture had changed and that he was going to check with their manufacturing partner to find out if something had changed on their end. He did say that they are committed to fixing it if at all possible. So weā€™ll see if they can or actually will look into it :). I know that Iā€™d be happier feeding TOPs to my birds but that only works if the birds actually EAT it lol.

I got quite the same response, even though I had specified the texture and the smell changed,
Iā€™m curious, I have always get response by Gary, is he the one who responded to your emails too?

It was Gary that responded to me as well. I did send a separate pointed query about the texture, since he didnā€™t answer that part of my question the first time. I thought he might have missed it, so I asked again :)

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
I received an answer from Gary, he said they had a batch with texture change in late fall, and that they have fixed the issue. I hope that's true! He didn't offer to send me a trial bag so that I could see though....had anyone gotten a bag recently?

Jen5200

Mar 27, 2017
Media
Albums
Washington State
Parrots
Baby - Sun Conure;
Tango - GCC;
Bindi - Sun Conure;
Stanley - Pineapple GCC;
Screamer Ć¢ā‚¬Å“ScreeĆ¢ā‚¬ļæ½ - Cockatiel;
Tee - Pineapple GCC; Jimmy - Cockatiel
Iā€™ve got one big bag and two sample bags recently that have the harder texture (small hookbill). Gary also sent me a sample bag of the larger size and those seem to be the softer texture and my birds seem to be picking those ones up and eating them. Iā€™m kind of afraid to order another bag of the small hookbill ones - I donā€™t want to end up with another bag that they wonā€™t eat. I might order the smallest bag I can find of the larger pellets and see how that goes. Iā€™ll be curious to see if anyone else has received the small pellets that are softer like we are used to....

OP
FlyBirdiesFly

FlyBirdiesFly

Jul 30, 2017
Media
Good to know, I might end up getting a sample bag of the large pellets to try. If theyā€™re too big I could crush them into smaller pieces. I decided not to have them send me a sample bag of the small ones because I suspected they would be the same and my birds still wouldnā€™t touch them.

Most Reactions

Latest posts