Tornado watch

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
We have a tornado watch until 3am. This is already the second time this season and it's not even officially spring yet. I really hate when this happens at night. You can't see them unless you do during a lightening strike, and you are afraid to go to bed just in case. Right now it's too hard to tell from the radar if it's going to hit my area or not. I'm right at the bottom of the watch box. The storms are still in Indiana and a bit up into Michigan right now. Hopefully everyone will be ok tonight.

MickeysMom

Feb 13, 2012
Media
Albums
Brookhaven, Pa
Parrots
Mickey - Female U2 age unknown. DNA test came back...he is a SHE,

Tinker 12 yr old female GCC

Chiquita 16 yr old Female U2 and Junior 16 yr old Male Grey
Be safe! I will say a prayer that it stays far away from you.

BillsBirds

Jan 9, 2012
Largo, Florida
Parrots
Timneh African Grey (Bailey), Lovebird (Elvis)
Living in "Hurricane Alley", I understand your worry. You're in our thoughts & prayers! Be safe.

Pedro

Dec 15, 2010
Australia
Parrots
2 Budgies, 3 Cockatiels, 6 GCC'S, 2 Crimson Bellie Conures, 9 Sun Conures, 2 Major Mitchells, 12 Eclectus parrots of various ages, 2 BF Amazons, 2 Hahn's Macaw's, 1 Red Tail Black Too
Stay safe Roxy. We also have the worry of tropical cyclones where i live through the summer months.

OP
R

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
Yes, at least we don't have hurricanes/cyclones which are not only like a giant water tornado, but they can spawn off a ton of tornadoes. We get snow, ice, severe thunderstorms and tornadoes here. Oh, and sometimes earthquakes, although never a severe one (yet. There is a big fault line under Lake Erie).

OP
R

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
I do believe spring is here, early as I expected with this unusually warm winter. It's going to be in the 60s and 70s all week, yay! My favorite temps actually. The sound Merlin was trying to teach me the other day is a wild bird call; I just heard that same bird in my barn this morning although I couldn't see it as it was in the overhang, probably making a nest. And there are birds mating in the field across the road.

OP
R

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
Confirmed tornado tonight in Ida, Michigan. No reports yet on damage though. It is moving east now so others may also be in danger yet. Nothing going on in my area except lightening right now. An hour and a half ago it was beautiful when I brought the horses in. Keep everyone dealing with this storm in your thoughts and prayers.

suncon97

Jul 31, 2011
Parrots
Pearl-African Grey-Hatched Apr. 28,2011
Hey Roxy!I live in Ohio also.I live in southern Ohio.Hasnt the weather been so wierd this year?I don't mind not seeing the snow but it's better than tornadoes.We have carrying cages collapsed behind doors throughout the house so whenever the warning comes all the pets get to come.Stay safe!

MickeysMom

Feb 13, 2012
Media
Albums
Brookhaven, Pa
Parrots
Mickey - Female U2 age unknown. DNA test came back...he is a SHE,

Tinker 12 yr old female GCC

Chiquita 16 yr old Female U2 and Junior 16 yr old Male Grey
Stay safe. And I'll keep everyone in my prayers.

OP
R

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
Hey Roxy!I live in Ohio also.I live in southern Ohio.Hasnt the weather been so wierd this year?I don't mind not seeing the snow but it's better than tornadoes.We have carrying cages collapsed behind doors throughout the house so whenever the warning comes all the pets get to come.Stay safe!

I loved this winter, too, but geez, it's much too early for tornadoes, and watches every couple of days. This is really nuts. It looks like you have storms coming as well, so be safe. It looks I won't get hit for a few hours yet.

romie12321

Jan 21, 2011
columbus ohio
Parrots
cinnamon green cheek conure named bishop 2 r 3 years old
i live in ohio too i live in Columbus it has been warm. i think its going to be a stormy spring.

Most Reactions

Latest posts