Total Awwww moment

coopedup

Apr 8, 2016
CA
Parrots
7y/o eclectus Wrangler
I got home late tonight...after 10pm. Wrangler has been in his cage most of the day, which Im sure he doesnt like, he's so rarely in it. He was out for about 2 hours this afternoon, and then up for another 4+ hours until my husband got home--likely about an hour before me. He lets Wrangler out and gives him a treat. I usually give the dog her "last call" around 10, so when I walked in the door I saw her at the top of the stairs and decided I should just do it now and get it done. Coyotes have been very active recently so our routine has changed a bit--I send her out the front door for her to use the ivy across the street (just a pee, not poop) while I wait and watch in the street.

Wrangler could hear me but I hadnt been up to greet him yet...and the dog was taking her sweet time about going out. All of a sudden I hear mad flapping of wings and a tap tap tap tap. The little man flew/fell down from where ever he was and ran across the dining room and living room to the top of the stairs to greet me. My heart is melting :D

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
The most incredible feeling, isn't it?

Most Reactions