Happy in his cage

Talaya

Apr 26, 2022
Media
Parrots
Han Solo - SI Male Eclectus
Yesterday after cleaning his cage, I couldn't have locked one of the doors properly.
I had to go out, but throughout the afternoon I checked on him, as I have a pet cam. Yes he was happily playing on his boing and eating his cactus shredder, visiting the rattle etc for about 4 hoursā€¦
Then about 20 mins after my last check, hubby got home and found him flying around the room.. he must have jumped to the door and it swung open. Iā€™m so lucky I donā€™t have a desperate escapist birdie šŸ¤£

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
Yesterday after cleaning his cage, I couldn't have locked one of the doors properly.
I had to go out, but throughout the afternoon I checked on him, as I have a pet cam. Yes he was happily playing on his boing and eating his cactus shredder, visiting the rattle etc for about 4 hoursā€¦
Then about 20 mins after my last check, hubby got home and found him flying around the room.. he must have jumped to the door and it swung open. Iā€™m so lucky I donā€™t have a desperate escapist birdie šŸ¤£
Been there done that a few times!

kme3388

Sep 17, 2021
Minnesota, USA
Parrots
Eclectus Parrot: Nico (male)
Jenday Conure: Kiwi (female)
A macaw at a shelter I used to volunteer at could escape from anything including a locked cage. As bad as it sounds a dead bolt had to be used. It sure did make him look mean, and like he needed to be locked up. He is just a big baby, and a sweetie pie. He was just an escape artist. Itā€™s the only time Iā€™ve seen a bird capable of this. I was rather amused. Iā€™ve never understood why people call other people ā€œbird brainsā€ implying that they are incompetent. Birds are rather intelligent.

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Or, your Parrot knows the sounds of one of his staff coming in and wanted to meet them at the door!

Our Amazon is fully free-flighted inside out home and it is not uncommon for him to be watch out the front window for his staff to back into the garage and then fly to his welcome home perch to announce whoever is coming in!

Most Reactions