Toy making day !!!

Boysmom

Nov 17, 2011
Atlanta, Georgia
Parrots
Ruby- Solomans Island Grand Eclectus ***
Flora- Panama Amazon
so superKya and I dyed wood and made toys all day, Our birdies are getting some fabulous Christmas gifts ! We still have more to make though.

superKya

Nov 13, 2012
Atlanta, Ga
Parrots
Marshmallow- U2
Truth is we only made 7 because i got a blister from tying all those knots on the first toy pictured, it was the last i made. Plus Marshmallow kept running off with toy parts and i kept having to chase her accross the room to get them back.

superKya

Nov 13, 2012
Atlanta, Ga
Parrots
Marshmallow- U2
Mom may not find the jingle bells on the bottom of each one so cute after christmas when thats all she hears all day ! But it will be better than hearing me and my brothers arguing right ?

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fargo- Blue and Gold Macaw
Mom may not find the jingle bells on the bottom of each one so cute after christmas when thats all she hears all day ! But it will be better than hearing me and my brothers arguing right ?

hahahaha its christmas, who doesnt love the sound of bells ringing and children arguing ;) hehe

and yes! welcome to parronthood :p

Birdlover11

Aug 23, 2012
Long island
Parrots
Pepsi and sprite, both are American male budgies
Those birdies have a lot of Christmas presents ! I am very creative but I can't work with wood, though I can make tons of toys made out of paper and they turned out very good ! I just have to admire all those members who can make master pieces out of wood . I don't celebrate Christmas but my budgies birthdays are the day before Christmas so I am making a huge list off from my safe bird store lol

Rio Mom

Apr 7, 2011
Pennsylvania
Parrots
River - Green Cheek
Conure/
Pepper - Congo African Grey/

Rest in Peace Rio
They look great! I just bought myself two pairs of needle nose pliers, I read that you can use them to pull the knots tight, to save your poor fingers.

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
WOW! You both did GREAT! BEAUTIFUL toys you've made! Are you going to wrap them losely and let the fids "forage" them out for Christmas? :D

kc_y0

Nov 17, 2011
Media
Sydney
Parrots
Eclectus Female - Audrey.
Art - Budgie.
Astro - Budgie.
Mini - Budgie, RIP gorgeous girl.
Awwwww your birdys are going to be VERY happy on christmas day hehe!! :D :D :D

OP
Boysmom

Boysmom

Nov 17, 2011
Atlanta, Georgia
Parrots
Ruby- Solomans Island Grand Eclectus ***
Flora- Panama Amazon
We are wrapping them in tissue paper and tying it with raffia, so its a toy wrapped in a toy. Our birdies love to rip tissue paper to confetti !
Thanks everyone, Kya and myself worked really hard on them and are making more today, some of our birds think they are woodchucks.
Also I found it is easy to get the dye off your hands by soaking them in denture cleaner ( the kind for smoker stains ) plus it makes your nails so clean and bright .

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
I will keep the denture cleaner in mind next time I forget to put on gloves :D What a great idea!

And your birds will be THE happiest birds on the planet come Christmas. :D

Most Reactions