Toy Recommendations?

Jacob1302

Jan 11, 2022
Parrots
Pearly Conure
My 3 y/o pearly conure has a very strange relationship with toys, when I first got him he would shred everything in site toy or not. Then after about 5 months of having him (almost exactly when he turned 1 year old), he completely lost interest in toys, at the recommendation of people on this forum I got some toys from Lil' Monsters and that kept him entertained for a while but recently I've noticed he's not interested in them anymore, even brand new ones he's never seen before. so does anyone have any recommendations for shops or types of toys I could try? He used to really like toys that he can destroy, the only way I can get him to go near toys now is to have food involved in some way.

hiriki

Oct 19, 2014
Chicago, IL
Parrots
(Birdie - Jenday Conure)
(Kiwi - Green Cheek Conure)
(Elby - Lovebird)
(Gorou & Liberty - Ringneck Doves)
There's a toy subscription I used to use back when my toy budget was a bit bigger that might be good for your baby, since she sends different toys every month and you can tell her in a note what materials your boy likes best so she can incorporate more of those. Actually I'm fairly certain there's many such subscriptions--but I'll link the one I've used in the past, I quite liked it.

Other than that it's just a matter of identifying his favorite textures I think... my GCC likes straw and really thin wood fibers (like what they make finger traps out of), my lovebird likes shredded paper, etc. Sounds like your baby's preferences are changing so it'll be difficult to get ahead of that but just make sure the variety you're giving him includes a lot of different materials, textures, etc.

TeekoGreenCheek

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Jul 22, 2023
Media
Parrots
Conure Green Cheek
I've bought Teeko every single toy under the sun..but yet his favorite is water bottle lids. .... -_-

OP
Jacob1302

Jacob1302

Jan 11, 2022
Parrots
Pearly Conure
I've bought Teeko every single toy under the sun..but yet his favorite is water bottle lids. .... -_-
I can relate to that haha, since the day I got my little buddy the only thing hell consistently "play" with is trying to rip the screen protector off my phone.

Free as a bird

Jul 29, 2023
Parrots
2 cockatiels
My cockatiel is the same he won't play with the toys I buy him instead his happy chomping on some paper, string or throwing stuff around like bottle lids 😅

Most Reactions

Latest posts