Toys, Playing in cage.

allenBIRDGANG

Mar 20, 2013
Frankenstein want's nothing to do with his toys, was wondering is there a fun way to get him intrested with some of the stuff in his cage

thanks

tractorgirl30

Mar 22, 2013
My two GCC love the twisted dog rope in their cage and the empty treat holder and the peg ive used to pin some millet to the cage........nothing else!! Ive spent loads on 'parrot' toys and they love anything that they arent meant to have. The beauty of the GCC.

Grenage

Jun 1, 2012
Portsmouth, UK.
Parrots
Aizen: YS-GCC
Playing with them outside the cage can often help; that said, it took quite a long time before my GCC bothered playing with them. Playing is the wrong word - he has little interest in toys he can't destroy, they're merely things to climb over.

I've got a string of bottlecaps tied to the bars, and he's a big fan of savaging them. Strings of coloured lollypop sticks are also a favourite, although they don't last long. Top top on that, buy them in bulk from ebay, and make your own strings, it's far more cost effective.

chippy

Feb 16, 2013
Parrots
2 Indian Ringnecks, Tiki (DH's) and Pippin (mine), 1 lovebird, Gemma (DD's) and 1 in birdy Heaven... RIP, Wilbur.
Wilbur never...from the day I brought him home to the day he died...played with toys. Didn't matter WHAT we gave him, he had no interest. He loved, however, to play and climb inside the dishwasher, would wrestle with me, and was a major snuggle-bug... just not into toys.

Jtbirds

Banned
Banned
Mar 6, 2013
Pennsylvania
Most green checks I know love raffle ticket toys and foam peices, other then that they weren't big toy players just on humans for the most part. I can give you a link to a lady that sells those toys if you'd like:)

JasmineGCC

Oct 4, 2012
England
Parrots
Jasmine my pineapple green cheeked conure, hatched 17 April 2012
Jasmine my GCC loves plastic chains which hang from the roof of her cage - I got them from an online parrot store and they weren't expensive. She has small links and larger links and climbs on them all day. I also put in a large apple tree branch and she scampers all over this, chews it, strips the bark off etc.

The only 'toys' she is interested in mare her bell and a solid wooden ball which she rolls around the floor of her cage.

Hope this helps

tokensmom

Jan 24, 2013
Parrots
GCC...TOKEN
I found that my GCC loves boxes...empty tissue boxes...any little boxes, also toilet paper tubes, milk carton caps and rings. He likes regular toys too...but look around your house, you would be surprised at what you may find.

tokensmom

Jan 24, 2013
Parrots
GCC...TOKEN
Also, if you play with the toys first outside of the cage (like they are yours)...he is sure to want them.

Peeko

Dec 12, 2012
Peeko loves any kind of toy that a) can be destroyed, b) can have food put inside of it, or c) both. He also loves anything with a bell on it, and linked rings to climb on. The only toy I've offered him that he hasn't had much interest in is wooden chews. I've found that with him, toys have to be in the EXACT "right" place for him to want to play with them. If they weren't in that "right" place, they are of no interest. It takes lots of rearranging to find the "right" place for a toy.

Most Reactions