Treat Ideas....

CRYROLFE

Jul 19, 2012
Media
St. Louis, MO
Parrots
TESLA-Congo African Grey
VINNY - Vasmaeri Eclectus
I have a 9yr old CAG who is a rehome. A woman that I know gave him to me. His name is Tesla and he is pretty much cage bound.

We have had him about 2 yrs. He talks up a storm (as long as you're not in the room) but he hates me and would love to bite my finger off. :)
He won't let anyone touch him, but hates me most since I'm the bad one who mists him and messes around in his cage, etc....

I am trying to get him to target so that I can eventually get him to step up on a stick to move him outta the cage. He will touch the target but only for certain foods (eggs, bananas, sweet potato, etc) all mushy.

He also likes strawberries, and blueberries.

I've tried all sorts of seeds and nuts but he's not a fan.

Any other food ideas that I can use for a treat? I just offer him the mushy food on a spoon.

Crystal

Attachments

• IMG_9297.jpg
    IMG_9297.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 102

cdog

Feb 20, 2012
Newbury Park, CA
Parrots
Sully-2 year old cinnamon and Bella-3 year old normal
breeding pair of gcc, Scooter & BeeBee-Sully and Bella's normal son's, Rosey- Bella and Sully's cinnamon daughter, Ella & Sunny-American budgies
My fids love nitriberries! Some like the tropical one and some like the harvest one. You should try those if you haven't already, I bet he would love them!

OP
CRYROLFE

CRYROLFE

Jul 19, 2012
Media
St. Louis, MO
Parrots
TESLA-Congo African Grey
VINNY - Vasmaeri Eclectus
Nope....won't even touch those in his bowl. :( He does eats all sorts of birdie bread though.

lene1949

Sep 26, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Parrots
Cory: Short billed Corella -
Echo: Galah -
Max: Alexandrine -
Skye: Yellow Sided conure -
Luka: Green Cheek Conure -
RIP Shrek: Quaker
I would just use, whatever kind of treat he'll take... If it's mush on a spoon, use it...

wolf0994

Apr 10, 2012
North Pole, Alaska
Parrots
Kawie, 16 year old Congo African Grey
Green grapes seem to be a fav of my CAG, oh and green peppers, even serrano's he likes. Though I would agree with Lene, use whatever he likes, but if your wanting to try new things, grapes and peppers are what I would suggest trying.

Seabass

Jun 23, 2012
I tried everything working with my rescued Conure and finally discovered he loves yogurt. I use half a teaspoon of nofat yogurt or dip millet in yogurt while I train him. So far so good, no changes in his stool and he is begining to tame down.

Most Reactions