True love and peace

Christinenc2000

Oct 8, 2014
North Carolina
Parrots
Big Bird _ Blue & Gold Macaw
I stayed home from work yesterday. Just needed one of those " me days "

I let both dogs out. BB was on top of his cage chewing on a toy. I curled up on the couch . Put a good chick flick on and snuggled up . Dozing of now and then.... I kept a eye on BB.

Closed my eyes about to drift off and I could hear him walk across the cage top and head down the side. I cracked up my eyes just a little and he was on the floor headed toward the couch. Stopped a few times on the way to inspect some things. He stopped at the couch and grabbed the small throw I was using to cover up and climbed up onto the couch. All the while I had never moved or opened my eye's . He grabbed my finger in his beak . I still remained still. Told him night night. He rested his head on my hand and we both took a 30 min nap.

One year and eight months. He has come such a long way but I think I have come further.

There is hope for every Rescue. Time , Patience and the help of friends we survived and grew.

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
No question regarding adult parrots that we bring into our homes and more importantly our hearts!

However, I have come to belief that 'we' Humans gain as much, if not more!

Love has no limits when coming from rehomed parrots!

Flboy

Dec 28, 2014
Greater Orlando area, Florida
Parrots
JoJo, 'Special' GCC, Bongo, Cinnamon GCC(wife's)
I really still have not figured out who was the rescue in my circumstance! JoJo or me! I know I reaped the most!

ChrisDooley

Banned
Banned
Mar 11, 2016
After 6 months with my Harlequin, we are doing pretty well. I don't know if I could sleep around him. He is full of mischief. But we are communicating well. He tells me when he doesn't want to be petted without taking off my finger. I explain to him that he isn't allowed to destroy my trashcan, or my dust mop without getting angry.

Once a bird figures out that you will listen to them when they communicate. It changes both worlds.
CD

Most Reactions