Tusk talking to the wild birds (in Human)...

OP
Birdman666

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
beau, our grey was smart that way too. Every time my partner picked up her keys he would say, "mama go bye bye!" and when we fed him dinner he'd say, "is it hot?" i miss having a grey.

Tusk is one smart boy!

i hear ya there.....my grey is one smart and lovable bird. If he drops his toy on the floor sometimes our mini wennie dog takes it, and the grey will say.." that's my toy...go lay down" then will climb down and go get his toy, sneaking up on the dog and biting it in the hieny. The dog yelps and runs leaving the toy behind, and greyson bobs his head up and down real fast as if laughing...funny as heck. Gotta love a grey.

now that sounds like something tusk would do...

mh434

Oct 28, 2014
BC, Canada
Parrots
Yellow-naped Amazon "Sammy"
Love birds (4)
Green-cheeked Conure "Skittles" - now, sadly gone from my life
Blue-Crowned Conure "Tequila"
African Grey "Reno" - sadly, now gone from my life
They are so incredibly smart! It still sends chills up my spine, sometimes, when he comes out with complex sentences that fit the circumstances perfectly.

A couple of days ago, Reno was playing with one of his toys (a large hanging bunch of wooden blocks, rope, etc., with a large bell at the bottom). He loves ringing that bell! Anyway, he swung it too far, and it came back and bopped him on the beak. He yelled "OWW!!", and when my wife ran over to check on him, he said "Its okay, mommy. I'm okay.", and continued playing with the toy (but careful to get out of its way on the backswing!).

You just HAVE to love these guys!!!

OP
Birdman666

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
Yeah, those are just jaw dropping moments, aren't they?

Tusk did that one once when a little girl tripped and fell in our yard. He was in the tree. Came out to the branch above her, hung upside down and says, "Awwww whatsamatter? You're okay. It's okay." :11:

About half our block were standing around my tree with their jaws open when it happened... I had to explain that this was the phrase I used with him when he was upset, and he learned it in context.

They don't just imitate! They understand certain things. The more you take the time to explain things to them, the more they understand...

Hawk

Banned
Banned
Dec 5, 2014
Media
Albums
Michigan, USA
Parrots
5 Parrots, 8 year old Blue-fronted Amazon, 2 1/2 yr. old African Grey, 2 3/4 year old Senegal. 5 month old ekkie, 5 month old Albino parakeet. Major Mitchell Cockatoo, passed away at age 68.
They are so incredibly smart! It still sends chills up my spine, sometimes, when he comes out with complex sentences that fit the circumstances perfectly.

A couple of days ago, Reno was playing with one of his toys (a large hanging bunch of wooden blocks, rope, etc., with a large bell at the bottom). He loves ringing that bell! Anyway, he swung it too far, and it came back and bopped him on the beak. He yelled "OWW!!", and when my wife ran over to check on him, he said "Its okay, mommy. I'm okay.", and continued playing with the toy (but careful to get out of its way on the backswing!).

You just HAVE to love these guys!!!

Absolutely have to love them.....They are one smart bird. My grey Loves to go out on the screened porch with me while I have coffee. He sit on my arm looks out into the yard.
I'll say " are we having yet? " and he bobs his head up and down. He knows what yes means and the actions to say yes. Then I'll say oh look, there's a robin in the Yard getting his yum yum...see it? Say hi robin...
and he'll lift his wings up folded in, not in flight mode, and lift them up and down about 3 times....it's saying hi. Anytime someone says Hi, or rather waves...he waves back.

So yeah...they are smart birds and yes they do put sentences together that make sense and fit the action or circumstances or even a question.......then wait for a response back.

One night My computer crashed and I said " Man this sucks ! "...a day later my grey was playing and dropped something and then said " man this sucks''....my wife and I about fell over laughing.

Most Reactions