two rehomed amazons

OP
J

jeffisme

Jan 28, 2016
yeah, just wanted to finish the thought from the other day.

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
Yeah, getting "picked" by the bird can be a big deal. As anyone who has been the recipient of the "Amazon crush" thing can tell you...

Of course, with the "amazon crush" thing you also get jealous pair bond bird behaviors, so socialize, socialize and then socialize some more...

And yeah, red flags go up when someone suspects a bird is sick and DOESN'T bother to quarantine. WAY TO GO, GENIUS! Unless, of course, you know it's some sort of bacterial thing from prior poor living conditions, like a crop infection that isn't going to be passed on to the other birds, and just needs antibiotics... STILL, WHY WOULD YOU WAIT FOR A VET CHECK?

I don't get that.

As for BFA's my most bonded bird EVER (and that's saying a lot, actually) was my 38 year old BFA. There wasn't a more loving creature ever hatched than that one! I lost her to a tumor around seven years ago, and I miss her still...

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Latest posts