Two weeks in :-)

StephenM

Jun 19, 2018
Parrots
Green Cheek Conures - Magnus & Merlin
Kakarikis - Kaka & Riki
Budgie - Grump
Weā€™ve had two weeks as conure carers and it has been quite fun so far!

A small change of plan saw us taking home two rather than one, so we shall have to adapt as time goes by but for now they are quite happy to cuddle up together in their cage and also to spend time mingling with us.

They are both super fliers and spend several minutes zig zagging around the room at high speed as soon as theyā€™re let out, a great way to burn off excess energy lol

This is Merlin

57D050BC-0BD7-4C71-B027-55D480ABA9AE_zpsscpc9a6q.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]

This is Magnus
93A5B2BD-1F52-43F6-B0B5-25669B72A3CC_zps4l4e4sln.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]

This is their shared cage which they seem to like for now, itā€™s over 6ft tall so plenty of space although I can decide if thereā€™s too much in it or not enough?

8AD26EBA-BC72-40F3-830C-CAA77B7899CB_zpsbupcznfl.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]

Classy

Apr 17, 2018
Arizona
Parrots
Lenny (Turquoise Green Cheek Conure)
So cute! That cage is a great size, my only concern is that have they been sexed yet? You donā€™t want them to mate with each other as that will cause some behavior issues. Also, get rid of that happy hut ( the fuzzy tunnel). Your birds may chew it up and you donā€™t want them to ingest that stuff, itā€™s also a premaid nest and that could cause some behavior issues. Besides that it all looks good, have fun with these amazing animals!

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month šŸ†
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 40-year-old Patagonian Conure
I like your style, Stephen.
And I agree with the above. Also, an avian vet is such a great resource... mine is a comfort and a lifeline.
I'm thrilled at how well things are going.
There's so much to learn and share about diet and cages and toys and such.
And this is a great place to do that.
Welcome!

Caitnah

Mar 24, 2018
Upstate New York
Parrots
GCC Pineapple
Agree with eliminating the hut. My Pineapple loved his but I noticed he started chewing the ends,so I removed it.

Good luck with your "guys". They look amazing.

EllenD

Aug 20, 2016
State College, PA
Parrots
Senegal Parrot named "Kane"; Yellow-Sided Green Cheek Conure named "Bowie"; Blue Quaker Parrot named "Lita Ford"; Cockatiel named "Duff"; 8 American/English Budgie Hybrids; Ringneck Dove named "Dylan"
Everything looks great except for the Happy Hut, please remove it right now, they have killed so many birds, specifically Green Cheek Conures...

This is a very sad but eye-opening page, read the dozens of stories about these Huts killing birds for many reasons...After you remove it!

Happy Hut Warning

CrowCall25

Jul 7, 2018
The world.
Parrots
None at the moment, but hoping and waiting!
Wow, you seem to take really good care of them! GCCs are beautiful little birds!

OP
S

StephenM

Jun 19, 2018
Parrots
Kakarikis - Kaka & Riki
Budgie - Grump
Thanks everybody, hut is gone, much to Merlinā€™s annoyance! He especially liked sleeping behind it. He has a preference for sleeping under things, even when napping outside of cage he likes to squeeze behind a cushion or one of our necks ��

DNA test will be done in next couple of weeks and weā€™ll arrange their living quarters as next cage neighbours rather than cage mates if required ����

SassiBird

May 10, 2016
Media
Albums
Minnesota
Parrots
Black Capped Conure - Sassafras - 2015; GCC Rosalita - 2018; GCC Apple Blossom - 2018
congrats on two. social animals should have a society! (I concur on the mating issue though.)

OP
S

StephenM

Jun 19, 2018
Parrots
Kakarikis - Kaka & Riki
Budgie - Grump
The girls (itā€™s official!) having a break from aerial gymnastics just long enough for some banana, theyā€™re already back to their laps of the room, floor to ceiling, canā€™t keep up with them to get a pic of that šŸ˜±

ED677B67-90E4-4D4D-9DF5-F1B6417CA5BB_zpsrizxy2vg.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]

41FAE10A-C29A-4C58-BE1A-E8AB485DE84C_zpswbehi8sr.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]

OP
S

StephenM

Jun 19, 2018
Parrots
Kakarikis - Kaka & Riki
Budgie - Grump
The blur in the middle of the pic is Merlin reclaiming her favourite toy, my phone, she likes playing with the widgets šŸ™„

85BF7AEA-8E91-47B3-B531-E42E178433B6_zpsxfbnuri3.png
[/URL][/IMG]

ChristaNL

Banned
Banned
May 23, 2018
NL= the Netherlands, Europe
Parrots
Sunny a female B&G macaw;
Japie (m) & Appie (f), both are congo african grey;
All are rescues- had to leave their previous homes for 'reasons', are still in contact with them :)
Congrats ont them both being girls :) and thank you for more glorious pictures of your two cuties!

Most Reactions