thermodynamic

Apr 13, 2012
Stillwater, MN
Parrots
Rosie = Rescued Pineapple GCC,
Rusty = bought Cinnamon GCC,
Scooter = bought Normal GCC,
Tybbi MacGuyver = Rescued Blue Crown Conure
It'll be 2 weeks before I know the results of the psitt test, and I hope Tybbi hasn't got it...

But all the other bloodwork checked out great! All cell types at healthy values and at a healthy ratio.

While no proper age can be ascertained, the feel of the toes and lack of harder aged scales had the vet thinking the bird is likely 5~6 years old.

Sadly, the band on the bird does not have a date of birth and after hearing how this type of solid-ringed band can be sold, I may never know who the original owner was, as they can even be bought in bulk by entities like bird clubs (paraphrased). A pity, but given the bird was just left in a bathroom to play with the bacteria, it's safe to say Tybbi is my responsibility now.

However, the feathers suggest malnutrition, but the vet was pleased to hear how quickly he took to pellets again, and the Zupreem flavors I buy are made from real vegetables and fruit, which helps as one of my birds will only fling real food around. But I will be adding real vegetable matter (broccoli, green peppers). With luck he'll take to those quickly...

The vet was also astounded how quickly he was able to step up, though Tybbi clearly preferred my putting him back in the travel cage. It did take me a few weeks and some bandaids, and Tybbi still needs more training. But given how Tybbi has responded to me, eating with me, calling for me if I leave the room, etc, suggests she has warmed up to an extent. But more work is needed...

Thanks for reading!

:green:

friedsoup

May 5, 2012
North Carolina
Parrots
Senegal Male Bogart
Here is hoping for the best and glad to hear you and your new best friend are getting along keep up the good work and keep us updated. with pics if possible.

ann

Feb 18, 2011
USA
Parrots
1 nanday conure Black Jack, 1 Brotogeris parakeet Whiff, 1 ring neck dove Eliza, and 6 society finches (3 are tame). RIP my parent pairs of societies and my little gouldian finches
im glad to hear hes healthy :) even better times are ahead, he'll warm up soon and you will be best buds :D!

Most Reactions

Latest posts