Typical Dutch

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
I am *not* a fan of the classic "American Breakfast."

american-breakfast.jpg

plumsmum2005

Nov 18, 2015
England, UK
Parrots
Lou, Ruby, and Sonu.
Fly free Plum, my gorgeous boy.
My dad grew up in England and my grandma would make Yorkshire pudding for Thanksgiving. I remember it being very tasty, but have never been able to find adequate substitutes to make it without using meat drippings. It won't puff up right.

So your biscuits are scones LOL :) We have them with cream and jam.
Confused re Gravy = sauce ?

Use lard for yorkies but any bun tin containing very hot oil, smoking! will do the trick, really! Have a go, yum!

I don't know if I would say they are quite comparable to scones. (at least not the ones I've had at tea houses, but those might just be an Americanized version) Scones to me are a bit more crumbly, and sweeter.
Biscuits (unless they are overdone) are usually softer and fluffier, and not as inherently sweet.

As for gravy, yeah I would say sauce is fairly accurate. fairly thick consistency for a liquid, usually has a turkey/sausage flavoring base.
Usually we just cover the biscuits in it ^_^

Ah Scones are also savoury thus the suggestion of adding cheese and obviously no sugar. :)

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

Cajun cuisine of New Orleans Louisiana is a treat. My favorite is a catfish 'Po Boy with sweet potato fries:

Shrimp-Poboy-w-SP-fries.jpg

Must leave room for a dessert of Beignets* and hot chocolate!

Cafe_du_Monde_1.jpg

*Deep fried blobs of dough, coated with enough powdered sugar to induce a coma! Some varieties are filled with fruit jam.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
Parrots

For Breakfast, that's some constitution! LOL

There is a local and very popular restaurant that offers "all you can eat" breakfast meats* with the meal, the only restriction being you cannot order a final portion and ask for it to be packaged "to go!!"

My breakfast, believe it or not, consists of eating exactly what my birds have for chop. On the off-days when chop is not prepared, it is cereal-based, either hot or cold. Frankly, I could easily eat leftover Chinese or Italian food for breakfast!!

*any combination of ham, bacon, sausage, schnitzel.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
Parrots

Classic Americana from the state of Colorado is the *ahem* Rocky Mountain Oyster." Since the only oysters in that region are transplanted via air or land, the term is a misnomer. The "oyster" is actually from a bull....... :24_shocke

RockyMtnOysters46.jpg

plumsmum2005

Nov 18, 2015
England, UK
Parrots
Lou, Ruby, and Sonu.
Fly free Plum, my gorgeous boy.
Classic Americana from the state of Colorado is the *ahem* Rocky Mountain Oyster." Since the only oysters in that region are transplanted via air or land, the term is a misnomer. The "oyster" is actually from a bull....... :24_shocke

RockyMtnOysters46.jpg

Sweetbreads :eek: Be a shock expecting Oysters IMO

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
Parrots

RockyMtnOysters46.jpg

Sweetbreads :eek: Be a shock expecting Oysters IMO

Sweatbreads can be various glands including thymus and pancreas. Rocky Mountain are *gulp* the testicles. :vomit-smi

Aquila

Nov 19, 2012
Philadelphia
Parrots
Sydney - Blue Front Amazon
Gonzo - Congo African Grey
Willow - Cockatiel
RIP:
Snowy, Ivy, Kiwi, Ghost - Parakeets
Berry - Cinnamon GCC
Porkroll, egg and cheese on a plain bagel, from my home state of NJ (and enjoyed by the surrounding areas, preferrably accompanied by Wawa coffee)
635652381213296918-BagelMasters.jpg

And, from my Slovak heritage that I grew up eating, halusky. Two kinds, one with farmer's cheese (my favorite) and the other with cabbage. They're essentially potato dumplings, definitely my top comfort food.
halusky2.jpg

IMG_0295.jpg

Most Reactions