Update on Lenny

Classy

Apr 17, 2018
Arizona
Parrots
Lenny (Turquoise Green Cheek Conure)
Hey everyone! I wanted to make a little update on Lenny. Last week he went to his first vet visit and I think he actually enjoyed it. While the vet was typing up his report he was just sitting on the vet's shoulder playing in the vet's hair. The Avian Vet said he was very healthy and that he is doing great. I went on vacation last week so Lenny had to be boarded at a very trusted pet store. I landed last night and in just an hour I'm going to go pick him up from there, I can't wait to see him. Just wanted to give a little update on how Lenny is doing, I'll post an updated picture soon. https://imgur.com/a/ibbRPxM https://imgur.com/a/KUAC0gz

Last edited:

EllenD

Aug 20, 2016
State College, PA
Parrots
Senegal Parrot named "Kane"; Yellow-Sided Green Cheek Conure named "Bowie"; Blue Quaker Parrot named "Lita Ford"; Cockatiel named "Duff"; 8 American/English Budgie Hybrids; Ringneck Dove named "Dylan"
Glad to hear that Lenny is doing well and that he actually likes his Avian Vet! That definitely makes things a lot easier and much less stressful for everyone!

And he's a very good-looking Green Cheek!

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 40-year-old Patagonian Conure
I'm officially jealous!

The Rb raises HECK at the vet's, screaming and yelling, snapping and flapping... requiring full combat mode on staff's part. The vet affectionately (or at least indulgently) calls him 'Genghis Conure".

How I wish I had an angel like that!

Sunnyclover

Jan 11, 2017
New Jersey
Parrots
Sun Conure - Ollie- Hatched 08/18/16*

Nanday Conure -Finley- Hatched 10/07/17*

Turquoise Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure -Paris- Hatched 03/03/18*

Black Capped Conure -North- Hatched 10/10/18
Oh man Gail....
Lucky my boys both behave at the vets and don't even need carriers, just a trip to the bathroom here and there for a potty break and it's like having 2 angels on my shoulders (or in my shirt if there is a dog about).

Glad Lenny is doing well, he's so cute! I hope he's not mad you left...let us know how that goes. I think people would be interested to see if he's totally the same or mad at you. He'll probably be fine!

Most Reactions