Update on Merlin my Camelot Macaw

MarciaLove

Jan 4, 2012
USA Georgia
Parrots
Sugar the Blue Crown Conure♂, Merlin the Camelot Macaw♂
Merlin is doing wonderful he seems very happy and I love him and he now seeks my attention when I walk into the room he will show off and talk to get me to pick him up! He loves head scratches he will just fall asleep on my lap when im scratching his head :) heres some pics of him

here is his set up of his cage, atom toy i made, wooden playgym i made, and cage top toy I made he adores. only thing of his set up missing is the net I added today.
11016273375_92a5aed0da_z.jpg

this is him on the half completed net I made I ran out of rope oops and still need more to complete it but he likes it pretty well even not finished.
11259043326_ccd509efc6_z.jpg

11259061384_ca8097317d_z.jpg

11259020995_8817c9d85e_z.jpg

OP
MarciaLove

MarciaLove

Jan 4, 2012
USA Georgia
Parrots
heres a video of him playing with one of his toys sorry for the whining dog in background.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvtYE27UxPM]Camelot Macaw Merlin playing - YouTube[/ame]
heres one of how he swings lol!
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V87--Pgnepk]Merlin my Camelot Macaw swinging - YouTube[/ame]
and heres one of him enjoying head scratches!
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhgmuWYzAaQ]Camelot Macaw enjoying scratches - YouTube[/ame]

Maria_Metropolis

Nov 12, 2013
Parrots
White Face Cinnamon Pearl Pied Cockatiel - "Muffin"

Hatch Date: October 4th, 2013
RIP July 4, 2014
Marcia,
Merlin is a lucky Macaw! Very nice cage and setup you have there. He's beautiful.

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
:eek: WOW Marcia, you've come a LONG way with Merlin in NO time at all!!!! :D He is gorgeous!!!

And I LOVE his setup and all the opportunities you are giving him to play!!! :D

I cracked up laughing at his swinging sideways, and cooed and caahed at your cuddle session. SO so sweet!!! :)

Mayden

Apr 22, 2010
UK.
Parrots
Merlin & Charlie (Senegals)
Love the setup! You're gonna have a real happy boy with you!

Thanks for the update, he seems a real sweetie!

Freespin

Nov 28, 2013
Waikato New Zealand
Parrots
Male senegal - Stephen. Previously Barry - Male Barraband
Nelson - Male Eclectus
Love the cage, it's huge!!! Have never seen them that big over here!

goalerjones

Oct 24, 2011
Parrots
Hahn's macaw, RIP George, Jenday Conure
I too love the setup. One thing I see though is a power cord running easily in reach of that beak on the ceiling. You might consider putting large plastic discs up on the cargo netting, where it anchors so your baby can't reach that cord, or get to where the netting is anchored. Even low voltage cords can do damage.

And, does the garage door still work? Hanging all of those things from it is going to be a disaster if someone accidentally opens the door.

OP
MarciaLove

MarciaLove

Jan 4, 2012
USA Georgia
Parrots
there's no power cord on the ceiling actually what you see is where two parts of the ceiling match up like the ceiling has these plaster parts i dunno exactly but they come together there. And the garage door no longer works its closed up and screwed to the ceiling, floor, and walls.

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
My GW Maggie has that exact same cage... Kings double macaw cage.

Yep! Mush Mac... this is what macaw ownership is supposed to be like...

You can tell this bird is well loved!

Most Reactions