Lots of squawking?

Birdlover1

May 10, 2013
MaryLand
Parrots
Echo a male B&G Macaw
For the past few weeks Echo my blue and gold macaw has started squawking nonstop during the day and Im worried something might be wrong.He's still eating and drinking like normal.

Featheredsamurai

Aug 24, 2011
California
Parrots
African Greg
2 cockatiels
How is he a tiny otherwise? Is he being more aggressive or moody? How old is he? Is anything in the room different?

OP
Birdlover1

Birdlover1

May 10, 2013
MaryLand
Parrots
Echo a male B&G Macaw
How is he a tiny otherwise? Is he being more aggressive or moody? How old is he? Is anything in the room different?

Hes pretty much normal except he hasn't been climbing down his cage and picking at me.Hes 6 and I do have a fish sculpture hanging from the ceiling now but I cant remember if that was before or after he started.I will take that down and see what happens.

cstambaugh

Nov 3, 2013
Parrots
Zeus - Greenwing
yeah take the fish down. Lots of squawking means something isnt right in his surroundings. We have a lot of hot air balloons fly around in my city, and those set my macaw off, also the roomba. If there is something new that looks like it is flying, big possibility.

Another thing is tis' the hormone season for macaws. OMG I cant wait until its over.

OP
Birdlover1

Birdlover1

May 10, 2013
MaryLand
Parrots
Echo a male B&G Macaw
Well I ended up not doing anything cause when I woke up he was back to normal.No squawking all day and man its nice.I think its probably a hormonal thing.Thanks for the help :)

OP
Birdlover1

Birdlover1

May 10, 2013
MaryLand
Parrots
Echo a male B&G Macaw
well bad news ive found out whats been causing the squawking cause he started again and its his shadow.I guess there really isnt anything I can do.

nyspy

Nov 5, 2013
Parrots
Pretty Birdy (BG Macaw)
Duke (BG Macaw)
How much sun does he get? It seems odd that a macaw would be afraid of his shadow... Although, mine occasionally attacks the shadow of the other macaw.

Buzz2537

Aug 16, 2013
NJ
Parrots
Hahn's Macaw
My U2 Boo used to carry on when a month was in her room. The whole nine yards, feathers up doing her monster act and screaming bloody murder. She was afraid of the month. Lol.

KeroRocks

Feb 20, 2013
Massachusetts
Parrots
Sheldon-M- GCC |
Cooper -F--Yellow sided GCC | Dori -F- Blue Quaker | Marley -M- Sun Conure | Kero -M- Hahn's Macaw | Sam-M- CAG
|Yara -F- RFM | Boo -F- Red Rump parakeet
Moth or Month... flying bug or 30 days of the year?

Blueridge

Sep 16, 2013
North Carolina
Parrots
Rocky - Yellow-Faced Quaker Parrot
Moth or Month... flying bug or 30 days of the year?

My bird is scared of months too. January isn't that bad, but you should see Febuary. Sometimes a wild Febuary will get in through my window and drives my bird crazy!

Last edited:

Most Reactions