Using Google+ To Keep Tabs

lizardsmells

Dec 2, 2011
Eastern panhandle of WV
Parrots
Kazi - 13 yr old yellow nape amazon rescue
Does anyone else use Google's G+ Hangout feature to keep tabs on your fids? I've just recently started doing it. I set Kazi up in his travel cage in front of my laptop and start the Hangout. I've done public ones and get a ton of people stopping by. Some of them sing to him or play music for him and other people just chit chat with one another.

I use my smart phone to join in myself. Today I was meeting with one of my wholesale customers and got stuck in traffic due to an accident. He kept me entertained the entire time. We chattered back and forth and I had him perform tricks. Unfortunately today, because it wasn't open to the general public, I was the only participant, but there are usually at least 6 or 7 people in the room at a time and a few times it's been too full for me to join.

It's a lot of fun and a good way to see what he does when I'm not around. Anyone else check in on their fids remotely?

A Hangout, for those not in the know, is a video chat.

Mayden

Apr 22, 2010
UK.
Parrots
Merlin & Charlie (Senegals)
Ohh! This is something I've been really interested in as I'd love to be able to keep an eye on Merlins antics whilst I'm away during the day etc. Will look into it a bit more another time :)

Wulfgeist

Feb 1, 2012
Winchester area, VA
That's a pretty neat idea. I signed up for G+ way back when but don't use it. Just recently checked out skype. I'm just really self conscious but that would be awesome if I could put Jasper up there when he's being crazy. I guess you do the live on air thing? How would one look for your hangout?

Most Reactions

Latest posts