Texas
Parrots
Buddy - Red Crowned Amazon (27 yo)
Venus - Solomon Island Eclectus (4 yo)
Buzz CAG (2 yo)
Sam - Cockatiel 1997 - 2004
Tweety - Budgie 1984 - 1987
Sweety - Budgie 1985 - 1986
It amazes me how Venus and Buddy are like night and day. I'm still working with Venus to keep her socialized and socialize her more. I would love to be able to take her to nursing homes and rehab centers to visit patients with a volunteer group. This weekend I had a sleep over with 7 of the kids, three were new. My sister-in-law is their Nanny and she had them this weekend. Can't leave them out! They all had a great time and they all fell in love with Venus. We had bird time where they looked at Kyleigh's pictures, we talked and learned about birds and why we don't stick our fingers in Buddy's cage, lol.

This picture is of my nephew who just turned 8. He was loving Venus and got brave enough to hold his arm out so she could perch. I had to hold his arm up because he kept dropping his arm he was so focused on Venus. I love sharing with the kids about birds and having them interact.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442954686.797046.jpg

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Nice! Your nephew looks even parts apprehensive and thrilled! Hahaha!

And Venus is looking quite well socialized, there. Did any of the other children muster up the courage?

OP
Taw5106

Taw5106

Mar 27, 2014
Texas
Parrots
Buddy - Red Crowned Amazon (27 yo)
Venus - Solomon Island Eclectus (4 yo)
Buzz CAG (2 yo)
Sam - Cockatiel 1997 - 2004
Tweety - Budgie 1984 - 1987
Sweety - Budgie 1985 - 1986
They did. Only one was scared and wouldn't hold her, his younger sister. Here is his older sister with Venus. His younger sister was nervous of Venus using her beak to step up. He even demonstrated what it felt like when she uses her beak, encouraging her to try. I didn't push her. His sisters are afraid of animals. A few weeks back I turned on their street bringing them some outfits for school and saw the oldest sister streaking across the road with a goat chasing her, IN THE CITY! The neighbor's have two goats. While the girls hid in my car, her Dad, Husband and I worked on getting the goats back in their fenced yard. Getting one of the girls to hold Venus is a major milestone, lol!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442960627.101917.jpg

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Yayyyy Venus! You couldn't ask for a better or more beautiful ambassador, I'm sure Venus left a lasting impression by being such a sweetheart with the kids.

Your niece and nephew are adorable, they look pretty pleased with themselves.

GreatBlue320

May 5, 2015
Parrots
Baxter - Illiger's Macaw (hatch date 5.1.15);

Taylor - Black capped Conure (RIP 3.14.15 - miss you every day little "Girlie")
I love the look on your nephew's face - fascination and pure joy at having Venus perch on his arm!

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Looks like you and Venus showed them all a great time!

I thought you said Venus was a tough nut! She's a social butterfly! Hahaha!

Most Reactions

Latest posts