Very sick counre!!! Help!

OP
R

RastasPeace23

Mar 25, 2013
California
Parrots
I have a Jenday Conure named Rasta.
So the vet has put Rasta on Baytril and Milk thistle to stabalize his liver and some bene bac to keep some good bacteria in him while on antibiotics. He hasn't even started this yet, but seems to be improving so fingers crossed.

He is also now eating mainly pellets. I give him a bowl of pellets with 1 nutriberry ball thing. I guess he knows he needs to get healthy. I am now going to try the fresh food thing again until we find something he will try.

I will continue to update you all through his progress. The vet wants me to call at least once a day to update them. I really couldn't have found a more caring vet.

Please give all your birdies an extra cuddle for me and any other babies you all have. We must enjoy them while we can. Thank you again for all the help and positive thoughts.

Milk thistle is wonderful the liver. Glad to hear you were able to find a good AV and in the AV too. When I lived in the AV area, there were several really good Avian vets there.

This was the only good one I was able to find thanks to a member on here. I have a hard time finding good exotic vets out here. I don't know maybe I'm just picky. Well now I have a great vet for my dogs and cats, small animals and finally my bird. :)

Brisch

Jul 26, 2012
British Columbia Canada
Parrots
I have a Cinnamon GCC (Honey)
and a BCC (Conrad)AKA Connie
GCC (Jinx)
3x Goffin2 (Liam)(Mya)(Goose)
2x B&G Macaw (Cozzy)(Blue)
P.s. Big company pet stores (petsmart, petco) are terrible places to buy a parrot...trust me.. also you should invest in some roudy bush pellets for proper nutrition.
This is not always true and I take offense to this, I have worked in one or more BIG CHAIN stores that carry birds. You have to know what you are looking at and you have to have knowledge of what you want, you cant put the entire blame on the store. If you dont know anything about the bird your looking at buying you probably need to go home and do some research. A lot of these store have people who are very knowledgeable about these birds and take very good care of them. But that doesnt mean you dont need to do your own research first. The staff and I at the Petsmart I worked at, used to braake the set rules for these birds all the time so they were social and well handled and had lots of toys for stimulation. so saying buying birds at any large chain store is bad is a bad statement.

I am very glad rasta is doing better, you need to stay away from fabreeze as well, Ive heard of people killing off parakeets and cockatiels using this stuff. But all that matters is that you baby is doing well. give him lots of love and cuddles

Last edited:

Most Reactions