Very sleepy conure (why?)

Kiwibon

Feb 6, 2016
Southampton, UK
Parrots
Pineapple Conure (Lilly), Crimson Belly conure (Poppy)
Hi there!! I have a question whether my conure Sammy is ok...

She's been really quiet for 2 days, puffed up and eyes closed. Why do you think this is? Is it normal sometimes?

1. Her poop is ok
2. Her eating habits are fine
3. Her feet are normal temp

Those are things I look our for to check if shes ok, and they seem normal...

Her diet is common parrot mix, walnuts, cashew, peanuts, apples, pears, banana, strawberries, and a vitamin block.

Can you think of anything else I should check? She just looks poofy and sleepy.

Thanks for any help!

:confused:

Last edited:

BIRDIGIRL

Jan 25, 2016
Mayo Ireland
Parrots
Rodney Blue Fronted Amazon
RIP Mr Biggles White Fronted Amazon , Elsa and Little Nellow the Lutino Budgies, Lady Primrose a Pied Budgie and English Budgies Houdini Popeye and Olive
Hi Kiwibon I would make an appointment ASAP with your Avian vet as Sammy needs to be checked out to see whats making him feel unwell. While you are waiting to see the vet keep Sammy nice and warm as fluffed up feathers can mean he is trying yo retain body heat. Take a look at this youtube video. Hope Sammy gets better soon but dont linger get her a vets appointment
[ame="https://youtu.be/WAvk94XttyA"]How to Know If Your Bird Is Sick | Pet Bird - YouTube[/ame]

rosembers

Nov 15, 2015
That's also a little of fruit and nuts in her diet and she should have some veggies and grains in the mix to balance those. Whole grain quinoa cooked and cooled, and boiled eggs are good too. Also cooked beans but make sure to research parrot safe beans. Definitely good to get an avian vet check.

Most Reactions

Latest posts