Very very uncontrollably extremely excited!

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Ash is magnificent!!! Wow, Scott's right, we need new adjectives! What a beauty! I can't wait to hear what her personality is like.

OP
Mekaisto

Mekaisto

Jan 8, 2014
Melbourne, Australia
Parrots
Zookeeper who has worked with many bird species, and owner of a cheeky red-tailed black cockatoo (Ash)
I find most black cockatoos (haven't been around palm, so not sure about them) to be more independent than macaws - they're happy to play by themselves if taught how to at a young age. They're less interested in solving puzzles and more interested in chewing EVERYTHING! They're happy to have a cuddle and don't usually learn many tricks or talk :)

Those tail feathers are crazy huh? I recommend googling "red-tailed black cockatoo feathers" - so beautiful!

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
The only black too I've ever seen or interacted with was Rachel's BP2...

He was very much, behaviorally, like a shy macaw with a "tool fetish." (They do the drum thing... and are somewhat obcessed with DYI drumsticks. Actually, dollar store clothes hangers were the gold standard in BP2 toys. Which made it incredibly convenient to indulge the parrot...)

If you can imagine filling a nutriberry bucket with that bird's favorite thing in the world, then just setting it down, and watch his eyes light up... digging through the bucket, and testing each one out, til he found the one that made the right sound. (Not that I could ever tell the difference, but apparently there was one, because he kept going until he found "THE" clothes hanger.) :D:

He didn't have a hollow log, but he had a hollowed out cat tree for a hangout spot. I always wanted to find/make him a hollow log playstand.

Most Reactions