vet wrap

gizzygirl

Jul 23, 2013
MO
Parrots
Ayla, Jondalar (tiels), Lucy ( BG macaw), Phoenix (Camilla macaw), n Gizmo, Annie (Goffin toos)
Hi all! :) We just bought a large java wood play stand for our macaws. Problem is the branches are a little slippery. Where do I buy the vet wrap?

I got mine from my local vet! They sell it by the roll. Have also seen it on eBay....

Ok. I'll check them out. I'll try Petsmart just cuz it's still open and look online tomorrow. Thanks for the tips! :)

I found buying it at my local farm store is cheaper (about half the cost) than buying it from petsmart or petco.

We get ours from the horse shop..

We pay 4.50 a roll... The farm produce/animal food shop costs 8.50 a roll :eek:
I am not entirely sure how much vets cost

I think ebay is one of the cheaper alternatives :p

$8.50 a roll?!?? Good gravy!!!!

It's $4.50/roll at petsmart and I found it $2.30/roll at our farm supply store... Hubby was like "oh hey- look, this stuff is really cheap do you need some?" he wasn't finished talking and I was shoving rolls into my shopping basket lol yes!!!! I "need" these!!!!!!!!

We wound up hanging plastic chains and a ladder set up like a bridge and that helped wonderfully. ...until the bridge turned into the best chew toy in the world and had to be destroyed as quickly as possible! They were on a mission!!!!! Lol So now we will buy some rough sandpaper and more chains. The bridge was really cool while it lasted!! :-D

i texturize things like pvc piping and slippery wood.
get a dremel kit, use a rotary rasp (it has little bumps on it,) grind texture into things, and use a 10grit sand paper to soften it

Ty. I have a dremmel so I'll have to get the bumpy rotary rasp. :)

Hi all! :) We just bought a large java wood play stand for our macaws. Problem is the branches are a little slippery. Where do I buy the vet wrap?

I took a saw blade and went down the wood several times always going in the same direction. It's really hard to see an it works.

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back