vet wrap

gizzygirl

Jul 23, 2013
MO
Parrots
Ayla, Jondalar (tiels), Lucy ( BG macaw), Phoenix (Camilla macaw), n Gizmo, Annie (Goffin toos)
Hi all! :) We just bought a large java wood play stand for our macaws. Problem is the branches are a little slippery. Where do I buy the vet wrap?

Calace

May 16, 2013
Newcastle, Australia
Parrots
GCC- Ollie 3.9.13.
Cockatiels- RIP Charlie 2012, Zac 2006.
I got mine from my local vet! They sell it by the roll. Have also seen it on eBay....

OP
G

gizzygirl

Jul 23, 2013
MO
Parrots
Ayla, Jondalar (tiels), Lucy ( BG macaw), Phoenix (Camilla macaw), n Gizmo, Annie (Goffin toos)
Ok. I'll check them out. I'll try Petsmart just cuz it's still open and look online tomorrow. Thanks for the tips! :)

getwozzy

Feb 26, 2013
Oregon
I found buying it at my local farm store is cheaper (about half the cost) than buying it from petsmart or petco.

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fargo- Blue and Gold Macaw
We get ours from the horse shop..

We pay 4.50 a roll... The farm produce/animal food shop costs 8.50 a roll :eek:
I am not entirely sure how much vets cost

I think ebay is one of the cheaper alternatives :p

getwozzy

Feb 26, 2013
Oregon
$8.50 a roll?!?? Good gravy!!!!

It's $4.50/roll at petsmart and I found it $2.30/roll at our farm supply store... Hubby was like "oh hey- look, this stuff is really cheap do you need some?" he wasn't finished talking and I was shoving rolls into my shopping basket lol yes!!!! I "need" these!!!!!!!!

OP
G

gizzygirl

Jul 23, 2013
MO
Parrots
We wound up hanging plastic chains and a ladder set up like a bridge and that helped wonderfully. ...until the bridge turned into the best chew toy in the world and had to be destroyed as quickly as possible! They were on a mission!!!!! Lol So now we will buy some rough sandpaper and more chains. The bridge was really cool while it lasted!! :-D

Conurebreeder

Dec 17, 2012
i texturize things like pvc piping and slippery wood.
get a dremel kit, use a rotary rasp (it has little bumps on it,) grind texture into things, and use a 10grit sand paper to soften it

OP
G

gizzygirl

Jul 23, 2013
MO
Parrots
Ty. I have a dremmel so I'll have to get the bumpy rotary rasp. :)

BeakFace

Banned
Banned
Jan 23, 2013
Hi all! :) We just bought a large java wood play stand for our macaws. Problem is the branches are a little slippery. Where do I buy the vet wrap?

I took a saw blade and went down the wood several times always going in the same direction. It's really hard to see an it works.

Last edited:

Most Reactions