Wanna introduce my 2 birds to each other

Gizmomania

Banned
Banned
Aug 25, 2012
San Diego
Parrots
Duskies: Gizmo & Niko, hatched 3/12 & 5/12; pineapple GCC: Skittles, 5/10/13; Pan Am: Harley, 1/27/13; CAG: Maalik, 7/27/13; Eclectus: Ziggy, 4/4/04; BHC: Walter 6 y; baby Jardine's: Bogart-May!
My second dusky is now out of quarantine. I'd like to introduce my two duskies to each other, and was hoping to get some suggestions as to how to do it in such a way that will help it become a successful 'friendship'.

Any recommendations? Thanks everyone!

MollyGreenCheeks

Jan 16, 2012
Media
Albums
Arizona, USA
Parrots
Molly - GCC, Cody - GCC, Gracie - Congo African Grey
Take a look at post #21 here. http://www.parrotforums.com/conures/17568-bringing-home-baby-gcc-3.html

This is how I introduced Molly and Cody to each other following Cody's quarantine period. Aprox three months after their introduction I began slowly putting them into the same cage for short periods at a time and since that time they have shared the same cage. Right now they're sitting on my shoulder preening each other and my hair.

MonicaMc

Sep 12, 2012
Media
Parrots
Mitred Conure - Charlie 1994;
Cockatiel - Casey 2001;
Wild Caught ARN - Sylphie 2013
Usually introducing the two birds in neutral territory is best, and allowing them to share a treat together. Hard to say how long it will take for them to get along, if they ever do. It can be instant, a few weeks/months/years or never.

Most Reactions